A day after a rare solar eclipse swept across Southeast Asia last March, a fisherman found a beautiful doll floating in the sea off the Banggai Islands in Sulawesi province, central Indonesia.
- 💑 THE BEST CHOICE FOR FAMILY OR HOSPITAL- The small and exquisite thermometer will perform excellently with the high precision infrared sensor. Its consistency and reliability can be dedicated to giving you the best care.
- 💑 2 IN 1 INFRARED THERMOMETER - The digital fever thermometer is designed for all ages, adults, kids and elders. It supports forehead function and take object temperature. ℃ and ℉ are easily switchable.
- 💑 INSTANT READ - Fast measurement with instant reading, we can care our baby with the thermometer easily.*In order to ensure the accuracy of the measurement, the forehead thermometer does not support continuous measurement. Please take the temperture afer hear a BIBI sound(the screen shows forehead/object mode icon)
- 💑 SUPER CLEAR LCD - Clear display of measured data in LCD screen with fever warning system, the thermometer for fever will indicate temperature status with corresponding emoticons. The thermometer stores up to 10 sets measurement data to keeping track on any variations in the body temperature, and easily recall the past 10 sets of data.
- 💑 SATISFACTORY SERVICE - We provide a 1-year satisfactory service. For any issues, please feel free to contact the seller.We will reply to your email within 24 hours and help you solve the problem quickly:)
The fisherman named Pardin took the doll in his home in Kalupapi village, where his mom gave it a fresh change of clothes and a new hijab.
Believing that there was a connection between the eclipse—a deeply spiritual event in the country according to Mail Online—and the doll’s discovery, many villagers claimed it was a “bidadari”, an angel or spirit. They treated it with reverence thinking it was an angel fallen from heaven.
The locals even took it on boat trips
Soon, photos of the doll spread on social media along with rumors and unsubstantiated stories about how it was found “stranded and crying.”
- HARPER BUSINESS
- Hardcover Book
- Calacanis, Jason (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 288 Pages - 07/18/2017 (Publication Date) - Harper Business (Publisher)
The police feared that the villagers’ growing excitement would lead to a social unrest; therefore, they decided to investigate.
“We were hearing many stories, such as that the “fallen angel” was crying when she was discovered,” Heru Pramukarno, the local police chief said.
As it turns out, what the villagers thought was a bidadari was, in fact, a “love doll.”
According to Pramukarno, since Kalupapi is a remote village and there’s no internet on the island, the locals have no idea what a blow-up doll is.
The authorities confiscated the doll and took it to the police station to “stop false rumors from spreading.”
11-Year-Old Boy Shoots Intruder And Mocks Him For Being “A Cry Baby”
A gutsy eleven-year-old boy shoots at a burglar, hits him on the leg and mocks him for crying like a baby. Now, who’s the boss?
What would your initial reaction be if you happen to be at home and then an intruder breaks into your house to rob it? More often than not, people would either try to escape lest they get themselves in harm’s way. Or, they fight like hell, protecting what they have worked hard for. After all, why should you give in to a robber who is doing wrong? All it takes is mustering a lot of guts.
This is the same of an eleven-year-old boy from Talladega, Alabama, named Chris Gaither. Chris boasted to news channel WVTM of how he shot at a burglar 12 times. Gaither was home alone on a Wednesday morning, when a burglar intruded their home. Gaither grabbed hold of a 9mm handgun and began shooting at the intruder.
11-year-old Chris Gaither shot a burglar 12 times and mocked him for being a crybaby.
China Claiming Okinawa Is As Outrageous As Japan Claiming Hawaii
A Chinese general said “I am not saying all former tributary states belong to China, but we can say with certainty that the Ryukyus do not belong to Japan.”
In 2013, Chinese officials, scholars and journalists made a bold (and strange) claim – they said Japan’s Ryukyu Islands belongs to their country.
The outrageous statement was based on the historical fact that Ryukyu islanders used to pay tribute to China about 600 years ago. Although the Chinese government has not officially endorsed the claim, they have chosen to remain suspiciously mum about the subject as well.
According to analysts, this may be China’s way of pressuring Japan over the uninhabited Senkaku Islands located in the East China Sea. The islands are administered by Japan but are also claimed by China.
British Family Brutally Beaten By Six Thugs While On Vacation In Thailand
The elderly couple and their son were savagely mauled by six Thai men due to a senseless street altercation.
On Wednesday, April 13, a British family on a holiday was savagely attacked in Hua Hin, a popular resort in Thailand.
Warning: Graphic content
Businessman Lewis Owen, 68, his wife Rosemary, 65, and their 43-year-old son whose name is also Lewis were mercilessly mauled by at least six drunken thugs after the younger Lewis accidentally bumped into one of the suspects.