- Parents in Chhattisgarh, India named their newborn fraternal twins after the virus, Corona and Covid.
- They have been planning to name their babies something “memorable and unique.”
- After hearing about the names, the couple’s family elders and relatives pressured them to rename their children.
Wanting the fear associated with these “memorable and unique” names, Vinay and Preeti Verma, a couple from Chhattisgarh, India, named their newborn fraternal twins after the dreaded global virus: Corona and Covid. In a news feature, the Verma couple said that they have experienced hardships going to the hospital and delivering the baby because of the lockdown due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The fraternal twins were born at a state hospital in Raipur on March 27, two days after Indian authorities imposed a nationwide lockdown, disrupting daily routines and shutting down non-essential businesses and establishments.
“The delivery happened after facing several difficulties and therefore, my husband and I wanted to make the day memorable,” Preeti Verma, 27, said in a news article posted in Press Trust of India.
The Verma couple further explained that through their twins’ names, they will be reminded about the hardship they have confronted during the lockdown.
When she experienced “severe labor pain,” her husband immediately called an ambulance through 102 Mahtari Express service. As public transportation has been ceased to operations, they had to stop for several checkpoints. They arrived “late at night” after a lot of difficulties along the way.
Their family members, on the other hand, could not visit them at the hospital because of the lockdown.
“Indeed , the virus is dangerous and life-threatening but its outbreak made people focus on sanitation, hygiene, and inculcate other good habits. This, we thought about these names ,” the mother said.
She also added that after hearing the hospital staffs calling their babies Corona and Covid, they have finally decided to name them after the pandemic.
Vinay Verma, her husband, said that the names they chose for the twins were “beautiful in their own way” as Corona is derived from a Latin name meaning “crown” while the Covid names can be associated with “fear” because of the virus.
“Also we want the fear associated with these names to end and the public to focus on sanitation and hygiene,” Verma added.
The couple admitted that the family members and relatives are pressuring them to rename their children.
On March 25, the government of India imposed a nationwide lockdown, suspending all transport services and implementing strict self-quarantine measures. The lockdown was made after confirmed cases of coronavirus has increased to 4,281 with 111 deaths.
83-Year-Old Proves Age is But A Number After Becoming Flower Girl During Granddaughter’s Wedding
“Once in a blue moon, I’ll look through my viewfinder and see a picture that automatically stands out,” the photographer said.
- An octogenarian rocked the wedding of her granddaughter in Wichita, Kansas as she took the role of a flower girl.
- The lovely grandmother made the flower girl role so fun, she was the star of the event - next to the bride, of course.
- She was photographed by Thomas Felts of Emporia and her joyful character stole even the attention of several media outfits.
Man Hoards 17,700 Hand Sanitizers, Gets Banned by Amazon and eBay
Now he’s got nowhere to sell his stocks!
- Matt Colvin has been banned by both Amazon and eBay for price gouging.
- Now the 36-year-old online seller is stuck with 17,700 hand sanitizers with nowhere to sell them.
They’ve Been A Couple Since 2016 But Some People Still Won’t Believe It
Strangers often assume she’s his nurse. She’s actually his girlfriend!
- Shane Burcaw's girlfriend Hannah Aylward has often been mistaken as his nurse.
- In reality, they've been together as a couple since 2016 and have been engaged in 2019.
- The pair regularly uploads vlogs on YouTube in the hopes of "normalizing" interabled couples.
Like Us On Facebook
Japan’s Copper Fiber Face Mask Can Destroy COVID-19 Particles in 4 Hours
Russia Declares State of Emergency After 20,000 Tons of Oil Spill in Arctic Circle
George Floyd Tested Positive For COVID-19, Autopsy Report Says
Netizens Are Outraged With TikTok’s “George Floyd Challenge”
- Interesting5 days ago
Formation of Clouds That Seem to Spell “LOVE” Goes Viral
- OMG5 days ago
Chinese Social Media Stars Shock Internet After Unedited Photos Get Leaked Online
- Inspiring5 days ago
Dad Reviews His Daughter’s ‘Restaurant’ And It’s Both Funny and Heartwarming
- News6 days ago
Minneapolis Rioters Play Audio From The Purge: “Any And All Crime Will Be Legal For 12 Continuous Hours”