- Giant technology businesses in Seattle and California, such as Amazon, Facebook, Google, and Microsoft, have decided to allow their employees to work from home.
- The decision has been made after some employees fell ill from the coronavirus.
- Meanwhile, other employees who couldn’t bring their work home were advised to avoid close-proximity space with fellow workers and limit any personal meetings.
As coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to spread like wildfire outside China, major tech companies Amazon, Facebook, Google, and Microsoft have decided to allow their employees in Seattle and California Bay Area to consider working from home.
The decision was made amidst the growing number of people from Washington getting infected of the deadly disease. According to reports, some workers have also been tested positive of the virus.
Recently, Amazon confirmed that one of their employees in Seattle has tested positive of the coronavirus. Facebook also revealed that a contractor, who works in one of their Seattle offices,have also contracted the virus, forcing them to shut down operations for the rest of the week.
In a statement, Facebook said:
“We’ve notified our employees and are following the advice of public health officials to prioritize everyone’s health and safety.”
Both Amazon and Facebook have imposed a work-from-home scheme until the end of March. Amazon recommended this to employees in Seattle and Bellevue, “if their positions allow for it”.
Meanwhile, Google said that in case workers’ duty require them to be physically present in the office, they recommend maintaining a distance of at least “six feet away from one another.” In-person meetings should also e held “as short as possible.”
Additionally, Microsoft and its subsidiary company, LinkedIn, confirmed that two of their employees have tested positive of the virus in the state of Washington.
“We are working closely with local public health authorities to provide the necessary support for our colleagues and their co-workers,” a Microsoft spokesperson said.
So far, since the spike of coronavirus cases in the United States last week, there have already been 12 fatalities in Washington. Reports also said 100 individuals have positive of the virus.
Watch this video to learn more:
Coronavirus Has Mutated In Two Strains And The Other One is Aggressive And Stronger
Chinese scientists called them strain “L” and “S”.
- Researchers in Shanghai and Beijing have discovered at least two strains of the coronavirus.
- They named the two strains as “L” and “S”.
- Strain “S” is the common virus while the strain “L” is more “aggressive and contagious”.
- Experts said that 70% of the coronavirus patients caught the “L” strain.
10 Companies, Including Coke and Pepsi, Are Getting Sued For Lying About Recycling
These “plastic peddlers” have been lying to our faces for years by spreading the fake narrative that their products can be recycled.
- Earth Island Institute filed a case against the 10 “plastic peddlers”, including Coke, Pepsi, and Nestle, among others, for contributing 10-million tons of plastic wastes in the ocean.
- The organization said the companies have been misleading the public for years by labeling their products as "recyclable."
- In their defense, the 10 companies said they are currently fighting against pollution in their own ways.
Corona Beer Loses $170,000,000 Profit Because of Coronavirus
Apparently, some people believe Corona beer is linked to the Wuhan virus.
- Beer manufacturer Anheuser-Busch InBev has reported that they are losing a huge amount of money because of the coronavirus outbreak.
- Apparently, some people are associating their Corona beer to the said virus.
- Demand for the beer have dropped in China following the spread of the disease in the country since December 2019.
Like Us On Facebook
Japan’s Copper Fiber Face Mask Can Destroy COVID-19 Particles in 4 Hours
Russia Declares State of Emergency After 20,000 Tons of Oil Spill in Arctic Circle
George Floyd Tested Positive For COVID-19, Autopsy Report Says
Netizens Are Outraged With TikTok’s “George Floyd Challenge”
- Interesting5 days ago
Formation of Clouds That Seem to Spell “LOVE” Goes Viral
- OMG5 days ago
Chinese Social Media Stars Shock Internet After Unedited Photos Get Leaked Online
- Inspiring5 days ago
Dad Reviews His Daughter’s ‘Restaurant’ And It’s Both Funny and Heartwarming
- News6 days ago
Minneapolis Rioters Play Audio From The Purge: “Any And All Crime Will Be Legal For 12 Continuous Hours”