Let’s be honest: The popularity of social media has pushed couples and photographers to up their game when it comes to engagement photos.
It may be unintentional but yes, it sometimes feels like a competition out there to see who’s gonna come up with the most romantic and most glamorous pics.
And then, every once in a while, we get to see hilarious concepts from crazy couples – such as this pair from New York who decided to go beyond the traditional and just have fun instead.
Jackie Nguyen and Nate Huntley made their engagement photoshoot the quirkiest of them all.
The couple agreed that instead of the usual engagement pics, they’d play around and pay tribute to their favorite pop culture icons at the same time.
Photographer Isaac James captured the images for Jackie and Nate, who met each other as actors in a Miss Saigon production. When Jackie began losing her hair because of alopecia, she paid Nate a visit and they decided to shave their heads as a symbol of unity – and they “officially” became a couple after that.
“My fiancé and I are extremely outside of the box, and felt like traditional photos wouldn’t encompass the fun or adventure we like to have… We had the idea of having a typical setting, like a field of flowers or a mountain range that you see normally, but having us dress in full costume, like Chewbacca and Yoda.”
And that’s where all the insanity started.
Go check out the rest of the photos here:
#1. Great Scott! Dr. Emmett Brown and Marty McFly of “Back To The Future”
#2. The Wet Bandits: Harry and Marv of “Home Alone”
#3. Alan Grant and Ellie Sattler of “Jurassic Park”
#4. Jack and Rose of “Titanic”
#5. Diane Nguyen and BoJack Horseman of “BoJack Horseman”
#6. John Lennon and Yoko Ono
#7. Miranda Hillard and Mrs. Doubtfire of “Mrs. Doubtfire”
#8. Captain America and Peggy Carter
#9. Michael Scott and Dwight Schrute of “The Office”
#10. This is what happens when Marvel and Harry Potter Universes collide…
#11. Lucy and Sally of “Peanuts”
“We couldn’t have done this photoshoot without our infamous photographer and friend, Isaac James,” pointed out Jackie. “He’d shape and mold us during each shoot […] and made us laugh the whole time.”
Guy Has No Prom Date So He Takes His Cat Instead
What a purr-fect couple!
- Sam Steingard didn't have a date for his upcoming prom.
- The teen instead came up with the crazy idea of having a prom-themed photoshoot with the family cat Ruby.
- The pics eventually went viral as netizens fell in love with the adorable "couple".
Amazon Is Selling A Chicken Harness So Your Rooster Can Safely Cross The Road
A dream product for anyone who has ever wanted to walk their pet chicken.
- Amazon is now selling chicken harnesses that come with a leash so chicken owners can safely walk their pets.
- The harness comes from a company called Yesito which has some interesting chicken-related products.
- The product encourages people to walk their chickens just like a regular dog.
Japanese Zoo Conducts ‘Lion Escape’ Drill But The Real Lions Were Not Impressed
“Are they teaching the lions how to not get caught?”
- A zoo in Ehime, Japan decided to conduct a lion escape drill to prepare its staff in case one of the big cats makes a break for it.
- The video hilariously shows a man in a lion costume pretending to be an escaped lion that gets captured in front of real lionesses.
- The lionesses didn't seem impressed by the demonstration.
Like Us On Facebook
Nurse Claims 90,000 People Are Already Infected By Coronavirus In China
Comic Artist, Who Stands 5-Feet, Shares The Advantages of Being Short
Deadly Chinese Wuhan Virus Speculated to Have Come From Bat Soup
Vice Mayor Claims Lava Stops When Its Wet, Police Wants To Throw Him Into Taal Volcano