- Chico the puppy ran away from home at 3:30 a.m. while his owner was asleep.
- The dog eventually ‘reported himself missing’ at the Odessa Police Station in Texas.
- Chico’s name tag was missing from his collar.
- When Sergeant Rusty Martin called the animal services to scan his microchip, Chico ran away again.
Sergeant Rusty Martin encountered an unexpected surprise when a paw and a dog head popped-out on the glass-window front desk of the Odessa Police Station in Texas.
Although the dog does not look distressed, he ‘reported’ himself missing after running away from his owner when he saw the gate was left wide opened.
In a viral Facebook post shared by the Odessa Police Department, we learn that it was 3:30 a.m. when Chico, a one-year-old mix husky and German Shepherd puppy, ran away from his sleeping owner’s house. Martin said, the dog was wearing a collar, but the ID tag may have fallen off.
“This happy guy randomly strolled into the front desk of the Police Department last night,” the Facebook post reads.
The officer-in-charge then called the animal control services to come over and scan his microchip. Before the team arrived, the dog ran away and disappeared.
“He ran out just as quick as he came in,” Martin said.
Martin and his fellow officers , however think that maybethe missing dog only wanted to apply for a K-9 position after “eliminating a Lassie type situation”.
“He was given lots of love and attention until he decided it was time for him to leave,” the post added.
The Odessa Police Station said that they tried to search for the dog, but he was not found.
The next day, the police officer learned that the dog, whose name is “Chico”, went back to his owner Edward Alvarado.
Alvarado’s nephew saw the viral photos of Chico over the Odessa Police Department Facebook page and immediately texted him.
“He asked me, ‘Is that Chico?’, I came outside and checked. But he was there already. That’s kind of cool. He knows where to go” Alvarado said in a report posted at NewsWest9.
Alvarado said they are training Chico to be a guard dog at his dad’s store. However, it seems the playful dog does not take the “job” seriously.
He then brought Chico back to the Odessa Police Station, to let them know that the smart dog went back to his home.
The netizens took the time to comment on the police department’s page, letting them know that the post was their favorite post by far. Other netizens also found the story cute and adorable.
Daniel Hammel, on the other hand, commented that maybe Chico wanted a job as a police officer.
Meanwhile, Mary Marie Martin-Henderson said Chico’s really smart, he’d surely be hired.
However, Alvarado clarified that Chico will not take any police job in the near future.
Watch this video report:
Architect Designs Minimalist Home Built Into Huge Rock Boulders
Would you live in a rock if it looked like this?
- A truly creative architect decided to merge nature with modern art and minimalist home design.
- The result is 'House Inside A Rock' which uses a boulder's natural shape and adds some impressive home space.
- The gorgeous minimalist home is inspired by the Mada’in Saleh rock tombs in Saudi Arabia.
These Lovable Miniature Cows Make Charming Pets
Miniature cows are not only “fluffy,” they also make great pets.
- A specialty mini-cow breeder in Colorado thinks that these animals are easy to take care of as pets.
- An author also said that these mini cows need to be loved and respected, like other animals.
- These small cows cost almost $2,000.
New Law in New York Allows Pets to Be Buried Alongside Their Humans
You may now be laid to rest with your beloved furry companion!
- New York became the first state to allow animals to be buried with their owners.
- Prior to the law, dedicated pet owners would choose to be buried in pet cemeteries to avoid being separated from their furry companions.
- The law is just one of several ways that New York is aiming to be more pet-friendly.
Like Us On Facebook
Suspected Case of Bubonic Plague Reported in China’s Inner Mongolia
Rapper Kanye West Announces He’s Running As U.S. President This 2020
Manila-Based Architects Design Floating Homes That Can Withstand Storms and Floods
New Delhi on Red Alert After Desert Locusts Swarm Through Neighboring Gurgaon City
- Lifestyle4 days ago
Shelter Dog Who Always Gets Rejected Shows He Can Make His Own Bed
- Interesting6 days ago
5 Countries with the Longest Lunch Breaks in the World
- LifeHacks7 days ago
You’ve Been Threading Needles Wrong Your Whole Life
- News6 days ago
New Flu Virus Found In China Has Pandemic Potential, Says Scientists