- President Jair Bolsonaro of Brazil has confirmed that he has contracted coronavirus.
- Bolsonaro and his wife were tested after he exhibited symptoms of the virus, although the latter tested negative.
- The president has always been criticized for downplaying COVID-19, often calling it as “just a little flu.”
Critics and health experts have often lambasted Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro for often dismissing coronavirus as “just a little flu.” In several occassions, he also made public appearances without wearing a mask and did not observe social distancing, sometimes even shaking hands with and hugging his supporters.
At one point, he was photographed riding a jet ski and attending a barbecue party at the height of the pandemic as the country recorded more than 10,000 COVID-19 deaths.
Now official news tells us that President Bolsonaro has recently tested positive of COVID-19.
In a public broadcast on Brazilian TV stations, Bolsonaro confirmed the diagnosis and said:
“Everyone knew that it would reach a considerable part of the population sooner or later. It was positive for me.”
According to reports, the president had been feeling ill since last Sunday, July 5. Things got worse the following day as he experienced muscle pains and a 38-degree Celcius fever.
He and his wife Michelle ended up getting a test where it was discovered that the latter did not contract the virus.
Watch this video report:
“The fact that I am infected shows that I am a human being like any other,” added Bolsonaro.
For the time being, Bolsonaro will self-quarantine at home as he has cancelled in-person meetings and “everything will be done via video conference,” he pointed out.
While being interviewed by the press, Bolsonaro took his mask off and told them:
“I’ll get away a little. Just so you all can see my face. I’m fine, I’m fine, thank God. Everything is ok.”
239 Experts Claim The Coronavirus is Airborne, Urges WHO to Admit It
Things may take an even more terrifying turn.
- The World Health Organization is still firm in its stand that the coronavirus is spread primarily via large respiratory droplets.
- More than 200 scientists have outlined proof that shows that smaller particles can also bring infection.
- W.H.O. maintains that the "evidence for the virus airborne is unconvincing."
China Reports Cases Of The Bubonic Plague That Once Wiped Out 60% Of Europe
World on alert as chiefs warn of Black Death epidemic risk.
- Officials of Inner Mongolia are currently on high alert after receiving reports of a case of bubonic plague.
- Bayannur City has declared alert level 3 to warn the public about the disease.
- The Black Death pandemic claimed millions of lives from 1346 to 1353.
New Delhi on Red Alert After Desert Locusts Swarm Through Neighboring Gurgaon City
Fires, typhoons, disease, and now locusts… What’s next on our apocalyptic journey?
- The recent swarm of desert locusts in Gurgaon sent the local government of New Delhi on high alert.
- Officials say they plan to disperse staff to teach people how to drive the locusts away.
- Some people think this is a sign that the world is ending, as stated in the Bible.
Like Us On Facebook
Beer Company Inadvertently Names their Beverage after Pubic Hair
Golden Retriever Being Abandoned By Its Owner Was Captured on Video
New Zealand Supermarkets Flocked by Panic-Buyers as Country Reimposes Lockdown
People Are Advised To Have Sεx With Masks On And Only ‘Do Positions Facing Away From Each Other’