- A few years ago, David Eaton and Andrea Melvin decided they wanted to be foster parents.
- 5-year-old Michael was placed into their care
- Recently, Michael received his classmates’ support when he was formally adopted by the couple
The adoption story of a 5-year-old boy named Michael from Grand Rapids is one heartwarming story that you will love to hear. Last week, the rambunctious people-person attended his adoption hearing and being the friendly boy that he is, he invited his whole kindergarten class to witness it.
And of course, all of his classmates were there to show full support for Michael. All 20 of them looked on, cheering him on as the judge made things official with his new family.
You wish you have a strong support system like Michael does.
A few years back, David Eaton, the boy’s new father, and his wife Andrea Melvin wanted to be foster parents – and adopt a kid eventually. The adoption process involves rigorous steps including licensing, attending classes and a long waiting time.
In August, Melvin received a call about a boy who had been in and out of the foster care system and needed to be placed in a home immediately. Eaton shared how Melvin went out to pick the boy up an hour later after the call felt it was “the right move.”
Eaton and Melvin became the boy’s foster parents. They then sent him to Wealthy Elementary School to study and the boy easily adapted to his new school environment. Once they decided to make his adoption legal, Michael’s teacher, Kerry McKee thought that it would be great to have the whole class during the hearing.
McKee shared her plan with Michael’s parents and they agreed.
And while the judge may have already made a decision, Michael’s classmates showed just how deserving he is to have a family of his own. They even told the judge how much they like being around him.
Michaels’ new parents were amazed to see how many friends their son has. They’re grateful for everyone, including the kids’ parents, for inviting their son on play dates and into their homes.
Watch the heartwarming moment in the video below and we dare you not to tear up.
11-Year-Old Athlete Wins 3 Gold Medals While Wearing Makeshift ‘Nike Shoes’
- Rhea Bullos, an 11-year-old girl from the Philippines has captured the eyes and hearts of netizens after her photos went viral online.
- Apparently, the young athlete wore no shoes during her competition.
- She only rocked a surgical bandage with a hand-drawn Nike logo.
Delivery Guy Gets Overjoyed After Homeowner Leaves Snacks for Him
Very heartwarming! You gotta see his happy dance.
Filipino Surfer Sacrifices Gold Medal To Rescue Indonesian Rival
This man has a golden heart!
- A heroic moment happened in the 30th Southeast Asian Games when Filipino surfer Roger Casugay quickly rescued his Indonesian competitor Arip Nurhidayat.
- Apparently, the latter fell off from his board when he broke his leash.
- He ended up getting hit by massive waves until the former pulled him from the water and took him to his board.
Like Us On Facebook
Scientists Discover First Antarctic Frog From 200 Million Years Ago
Trained Dogs in South Africa Saved 45 Rhinos from Poaching
Woman Sparks Outrage After She Complained About Finding Other People at the Beach She Went To
Teacher Takes Care of Student’s Newborn Baby Brother While Family Awaits COVID-19 Test Results
- News6 days ago
Anti-Parasitic Drug Killed COVID-19 Within 48 Hours, Australian Scientists Discovered
- People7 days ago
Woman Completes 20 Courses from Major Universities While In Quarantine
- People6 days ago
Parents Shocked After 8-Week-Old Baby Learns To Stand Up On Her Own
- News2 days ago
Canadian Teacher Tells Student To “Go Back To The Philippines And Work On Rice Farms”