- Pastor Leon McCray ended up getting arrested after he reported a white family for verbally and physically assaulting him.
- He was arrested for brandishing a gun, which he said he did only as an act of self-defense when his life was threatened by a family of five.
- The sheriff eventually issued an apology to McCray, releasing him, dropping the charge and arresting his attackers.
What’s worse than getting verbally and physically attacked? It’s probably when you end up getting arrested by the cops after alerting them about the incident.
This is exactly what happened to Pastor Leon McCray of Lighthouse Church & Marketplace Ministries International in Woodstock, Virginia. His story has since gone viral, prompting further discussions about the discrimination that the Black community face under the hands of law enforcers.
According to reports, McCray was at home when he noticed two people attempting to throw a refrigerator on his property. He confronted them about it but he ended up getting verbally attacked by one of them while the other proceeded to call three more people.
Things got uglier at this point as the five started harassing him both verbally and physically. McCray said they “threatened” to kill him, “telling me that my Black life didn’t matter.”
In self-defense, he revealed his concealed gun, which prompted the group to leave.
McCray immediately made a call to 911 to report but much to his surprise, they arrested him right away with the white family.
“I was not given an opportunity to speak,” shared the pastor, who complained he “was handcuffed in front of my assaulters.” The family even “waved” at him as the police took him away.
Shenandoah County Sheriff Timothy Carter later made an announcement saying the charge against McCray have been dropped because it was “certainly not appropriate.” He also said that the five attackers have already been arrested.
Donny Salyers, 43, Dennis Salyers, 26, Farrah Salyers, 42, Christopher Sharp, 57, and Amanda Salyers, 26, are now facing charges for hate crimes and different degrees of assault.
“All persons are currently being held without bond. This is still an ongoing investigation,” Carter added.
The sheriff likewise mentioned that he has since apologized to McCray for the wrongful arrest and that two supervisors have been placed on unpaid administrative leave.
Watch the video report here:
Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Is Now Third Most Popular US Presidential Candidate
Will it be The Rock vs Donald Trump on the upcoming presidential election?
- Hollywood star and wrestling legend Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson is now the third most popular presidential candidate in the United States, reports say.
- The Fast & The Furious actor recently uploaded an 8-minute video on Twitter where he urged people to unite and criticized the failure in leadership.
Black Teen Shares His Mother’s Advice on How to Stay Safe From Racial Discrimination
“Don’t put your hoodie on. Don’t stare at a Caucasian woman.”
- Cameron Welch was told by his mom not to "ride with the music too loud" and "stare at a Caucasian woman."
- On top of that, he was told not to resist the cops and just cooperate.
- The death of George Floyd has sparked outrage from people around the world and black people are speaking out.
Satellite Images Suggest Coronavirus May Have Hit Wuhan in August, NOT December
A Harvard study tells us the disease likely started spreading way earlier than reported.
- According to a Harvard Medical School study, new data suggests that the novel coronavirus may have started to hit Wuhan as early as August 2019.
- Dr John Brownstein said satellite images of five Wuhan hospital parking lots showed a noticeable increase in volume, months before the outbreak.
- Internet searches on "cough" and "diarrhea" also grew during the same period.
Like Us On Facebook
Dunkin’ To Permanently Close 450 Stores Before The Year Ends
“Starbucks Karen” Who Shamed a Barista for Asking Her to Wear a Mask Wants Half of the $100,000 Tip He Got From Supporters
After Months of Downplaying Coronavirus, Brazil’s President Bolsonaro Tests Positive of COVID-19
Huge 450-Pound Fish Pulls 2 Anglers Off Their Boat
- News3 days ago
China Reports Cases Of The Bubonic Plague That Once Wiped Out 60% Of Europe
- News5 days ago
California Man Posted He Regrets Attending A Party, Dies of COVID-19 The Next Day
- News6 days ago
Major U.S. Franchisee of Pizza Hut and Wendy’s Files for Bankruptcy
- Lifestyle4 days ago
Businessman in India Wears a $4000 Gold Mask As Coronavirus Protection