We’ve always known that marine life and plastic do not go together and so it’s always heartbreaking when we hear stories such as this one. Back in February, reports have told us of a young, male sperm whale that was washed ashore in southern Spain. Now authorities have finally pinpointed the animal’s cause of death.
According to regional officers, autopsy showed that the whale has ingested 29 kilograms of waste such as plastic bags, nets, ropes, sacks, and a plastic can, among others. The waste were all found in the creature’s intestines and stomach.
The male sperm whale died because of abdomen inflammation due to plastic ingestion.
El Valle Wildlife Rescue representatives confirmed this and said that it was possibly the result of ingesting a huge amount of plastic.
In an interview with the Telegraph, Consuelo Rosauro, director-general for natural environment of the Murcian government, said:
“Many animals get trapped in the rubbish or ingest great quantities of plastic which end up causing their death.”
The tragic fact, of course, is that this isn’t even the first time that a whale died because of plastic ingestion.
In 2016, 13 sperm whales were found beached on Schelswig-Holstein, Germany and it was discovered that they were full of plastic debris and car parts.
Some of the plastic found inside the sperm whale’s body.
Marine plastic pollution remains to be one of the biggest environmental problems in our time. As a HelpSaveNature article tells us:
“Cheap and quick production, durability and usefulness in a number of applications make plastic a desired material for creating objects. But its durability is what makes plastic so dangerous to the environment…
“The chemical make-up of plastic makes it highly resistant to the degrading forces of nature. A plastic bag can remain for at least 10-15 years or even longer… So when a plastic bottle is dumped into the ocean, it can sink to the bottom and remain on the ocean’s floor for eons all together.”
Controversial Video Shows Adults Holding Baby While “Getting a Tattoo”
Netizens are divided about this viral video from Vietnam.
A shocking video has recently been making the rounds on social media showing adults holding a little child down as it gets a chest tattoo. According to reports, it is believed that the footage has been taken in Vietnam.
The said clip, which has been captioned “Baby gets some ink” has sparked different reactions among netizens with some saying its obviously child abuse while others are questioning its authenticity.
One person can be seen holding down the baby’s arms while the tattoo artist does his job.
Dogs Refuse to Move as Owners Drop Them ‘Like Trash’ at Animal Shelter
People should really think twice before owning a pet.
It is a sad scene to see as two dogs refuse to move after their owners dropped them off “like trash” at an animal shelter. It was Ann Flores who spotted the heartbreaking scene just outside Harris County Animal Shelter in Houston, Texas. The dogs flopped to the ground, seemingly protesting being taken to the shelter.
Flores took photos of two women, who she says were laughing as they took the traumatized creatures. She said that one of the dogs laid on his back and rolled over, like he was saying, “please don’t take me in here.”
This dog refused to move as his owner brought him at the animal shelter.
Cat Miraculously Survives After Being Impaled By Three Metal Posts
The metal posts narrowly missed the cat’s vital organs.
Do you believe that cats have nine lives? In a disturbing incident in London, a cat might have lost three of his lives after being impaled by metal fence posts.
An absolute miracle, the cat, who was impaled on the 8-feet tall railings outside a block of flats in Cricklewood, was spotted by a passerby.
The passerby saw a cat stuck on the metal fence posts early in the morning.
Like Us On Facebook
Amidst COVID-19 Aggressive Cannibal Rats In The U.S. Are On The Loose, CDC Warns
Men Are Effective Grocery Shoppers Than Women In Times Of COVID-19, An Osaka Official Said
Australia Records “Fastest Internet Speed Ever”
New UK Law Makes All Adults in England Become Organ Donors
- News7 days ago
5-Year-Old Boy Is The First Recorded Death From COVID-19-Related Inflammatory Syndrome In The U.S.
- Inspiring3 days ago
Boy Weeps With Joy At His First McDonald’s Meal After Months of Lockdown
- Interesting6 days ago
Philippine ‘Witch Dog’ Found in Jungles, Could Be a 36,000-Year-Old Bloodline
- News5 days ago
Brazil Is Now The New Epicenter of the Coronavirus Pandemic, Says TIME