- The baby was born via c-section after just 30 weeks.
- The mother only has one working lung.
- Prior to this, 74-year-old (age to be verified) and also from India, gave birth to twins.
At 75 years old, Prabha Devi may be the world’s oldest mother after she gave birth just this month to a baby girl in Rajasthan, India. The infant was delivered via caesarian section and highly premature.
Devi gave birth to the girl, who weighed just 1 lb and 5 oz, at Kinker Hospital. She had to be delivered after just 30 weeks because Devi was physically weak to continue on with the pregnancy normally – she has only one working lung.
The infant was rushed straight into intensive care and was placed on life support.
The elderly mother already has an adopted child together with her husband, who is 80 years old. She still wanted to have her own, so she resorted to IVF treatments to get pregnant.
If proven that Devi is actually 75 years old, she will be nine years older than the current oldest mother in the world.
According to gynecologist and obstetrician Dr. Abhilasha Kinker, who delivered the baby, Devi came to the hospital four to five days before her delivery.
They discovered complications in her pregnancy, so they opted to perform a caesarian section immediately.
He added that Devi was old and ill and that they couldn’t take chances with the life of mother and child. They actually find it surprising that Devi was able to carry the child for more than six months.
As for the mother’s age, the doctor added: “She told us her age but showed no proof. She looked between 72 and 75. Her husband told us he is 80. It was surprising for me. Her age was a factor and then she was ill. She has one collapsed lung so it was a very challenging operation.”
Just a month ago, a 74-year-old woman named Erramatti Mangayamma, also from India, gave birth to twins via IVF.
She was claiming to be the world’s oldest mother. Her age wasn’t verified as well.
She hit menopause 30 years ago and never had children before the twins. She decided to try IVF after her neighbor conceived at 55 years old.
Older mothers have a higher chance of miscarriage, giving premature birth, or having a baby with low birth weight. According to the NHS, the changes in the woman’s reproductive system make it more difficult for women to transfer nutrients to her child.
Anti-Vaxx Parents Go Wild After New York Bans Unvaccinated Children From Going To School
It’s a matter of choice: to school or not to school for anti-vaxx families of New York.
- The State of New York has developed a serious measles outbreak in 30 years.
- Local government issued a mandatory vaccination for school-aged children and bans unvaccinated kids from getting in schools.
- Anti-vaxx parents weren't pleased and staged several protests to try and stop the New York ban.
Teen Activist Slams World Leaders For ‘Betraying Young People’ In Her Emotional Speech
The angry teen didn’t sugarcoat her message!
- Greta Thunberg, a young climate activist from Sweden, recently addressed world leaders at the United Nations Climate Action Summit.
- Videos of her speech has since went viral on social media.
- Her emotional message was a real eye-opener for all the listeners.
Indonesia Forest Fire Turns Skies Into Ominous Post-Apocalyptic Red
The fires are still blazing until now!
- New photos from a village in Indonesia reveal that the skies are turning blood red as a dangerous side effect from the forest fires.
- The red hue is caused by harmful pollutants being expelled into the air.
- Neighboring countries like Malaysia and the Philippines are also seeing a thick grey smog in the skies.
Like Us On Facebook
Nurse Claims 90,000 People Are Already Infected By Coronavirus In China
Comic Artist, Who Stands 5-Feet, Shares The Advantages of Being Short
Deadly Chinese Wuhan Virus Speculated to Have Come From Bat Soup
Vice Mayor Claims Lava Stops When Its Wet, Police Wants To Throw Him Into Taal Volcano