- 16 friends have contracted the coronavirus after attending a birthday party at a Florida bar.
- Now they want to warn others to continue observing safety measures.
- 7 workers of the bar also tested positive of the virus.
16 individuals who have recently partied at a reopened bar in Florida has reportedly contracted the coronavirus. Now they’re trying to warn the public about the reality of catching the dreaded disease.
In a CNN interview with Chris Cuomo, three of the 16 infected friends said they now “want to raise awareness” so others may take precautionary measures more seriously than they did. “We want to tell people it’s really not ready for what we thought it was ready for, it’s too soon,” Kat Layton said.
All 16 of them tested positive of coronavirus after a night out at a bar.
According to reports, the friends were at Lynch’s Irish Pub to celebrate a friend’s birthday. No one wore a mask during the crowded event.
Erika Crisp, who is a health care worker, confessed that for them, COVID-19 was “out of sight, out of mind” since no one they knew had it. That changed within several days they started receiving messages that their friends have tested positive.
“I think we were careless and we went out into a public place when we should not have,” she added.
In addition, 7 employees of the bar also caught the virus.
“It literally spread like wildfire,” said Keith Doherty, general manager of the pub.
Owners eventually decided to close the pub again to perform deep cleaning. They now plan on requiring customers and workers to undergo temperature check when they reopen.
Watch this CNN interview:
Despite the rising number of coronavirus cases in Florida, it looks like the state has no plans of implementing lockdowns again.
As Governor Ron DeSantis told the media:
“No, we’re not shutting down, you know, we’re going to go forward. We’re going to continue to protect the most vulnerable. You know, we’re going to urge, continue to advise, particularly our elderly population to maintain social distancing, avoid crowds.”
Meanwhile, GiveSpace movement founder Carol A. Winner told Health:
“We may be getting mixed messages from politicians and so-called experts, but the reality is that COVID-19 is not sending us mixed message. COVID-19 numbers cannot be disputed; its virulence cannot be questioned.”
Ahead of Yulin Dog Meat Festival, Chinese Officials Remind That Dogs Are “Pets – Not Food!”
“Each year, thousands of dogs are captured and transported under horrific conditions, bound for the annual Dog Meat Festival.”
- China's Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs has recently declared that dogs are "companions and pets," not "livestock," removing dogs from the list of animals allowed for trade and consumption.
- The reminder comes weeks before the annual Yulin Dog Meat Festival.
- Activists continue to oppose dog meat trade and the annual festival.
Angry Indian Protesters Burn Chinese Flag and Images of President Xi Jinping
“India wants peace, but if provoked, India will provide an appropriate response,” warned Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Indian protesters burned Chinese flags and the images of President Xi Jinping to express their anger towards the death of 20 Indian soldiers.
- Activists also called on the public to boycott China-made products.
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi warned the country will not hesitate to "provide an appropriate response" if provoked.
20 Indian Soldiers Killed In “Violent Face-Off” With Chinese Forces On Disputed Border
The incident marks the first deadly clash in decades between the two countries.
- A "violent face-off" with the Chinese troops have resulted to the death of 20 members of the Indian Armed Forces.
- The incident happened on the disputed Himalayan border.
- An editor on China's state-run newspaper warned that their country does not "fear" clash with India.
The Scenic Fishing Village of Nazaré, Portugal
Chinese Textbook Changes Bible Story, Claims Jesus Killed A Sinner
Huge Fire Breaks Out In Huawei 5G Research Facility In China
How An Old TV Caused An Entire Village To Lose Broadband Access Daily For 18 Months
Sci/Tech4 days ago
Man Flies Like Iron Man Using A Jet Powered Flying Suit
Videos7 days ago
“Pull It Out, Prove it” Dude Walks Out After His Girl Reveals She’s Actually A Man
Travel4 days ago
Sigiriya, an Ancient Fortress in Sri Lanka
Videos3 days ago
Huge Iceberg Flips Over On Arctic Explorers Who Tried To Climb It