- Several video game companies have launched a new initiative called #PlayApartTogether.
- Through the project, they are hoping to encourage more people to stay at home and play video games.
- Doing so, according to them, will help flatten the curve and save more lives during the coronavirus pandemic.
Remember how some “experts” bashed video games as worthless entertainment and as a huge waste of time? Well we’re living in a different world now as it looks like even the World Health Organization has expressed approval for us to spend more time playing video games in its bid to prevent the spread of the dreaded coronavirus (COVID-19) across the world.
Recently, 18 gaming companies including Activision Blizzard, Amazon App Store, Riot Games, Twitch, YouTube Gaming, and Zynga have launched a new project they called #PlayApartTogether in their hopes of encouraging people to practice social distancing while battling boredom.
Ray Chambers, WHO’s Ambassador for Global Strategy, recently posted a tweet, saying:
“We’re at a crucial moment in defining outcomes of this pandemic. Games industry companies have a global audience – we encourage all to #PlayApartTogether. More physical distancing + other measures will help to flatten the curve + save lives.”
WHO’s involvement in the initiative is particularly interesting, considering the fact that in 2018, the organization officially categorized video game addiction as a mental disorder.
Meanwhile, Amanda Taggart of Unity Technologies acknowledged we are living in a “unique and challenging time” in a blog post for the company, continuing that ” the most important tool we have to help reduce the global death toll from COVID-19 is physical distancing.”
Taggart likewise encouraged everyone to stay at home “for the greater good of our friends, our family, and our global society at large.”
Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick also pointed out:
“Games are the perfect platform because they connect people through the lens of joy, purpose and meaning. We are proud to participate in such a worthwhile and necessary initiative.”
Why Netflix Originals’ Korean Shows Are So Different From Regular K-Dramas
It’s not just the zombies that sets ‘Kingdom’ apart from other K-dramas!
- People think that 'Kingdom' is truly unique for bringing together several genres.
- However, there are other reasons why the zombie-flavored period drama is so different from other K-dramas.
- The writer behind 'Kingdom' revealed that it has to do with the freedom she got from Netflix.
Christian Bale Will Be The New Villain for Thor 4
- Christian Bale is set to star as the villain for Marvel Studios' Thor: Love and Thunder.
- The fourth movie in the franchise, the new Thor film will once again be directed by Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).
- The upcoming superhero blockbuster is scheduled for a November 2021 release.
App Filter Shows Us How Celebrities Look Like Without Makeup
Some of them look quite different!
- MakeApp has a unique feature - it removes makeup from women's photos.
- Some users tried the feature on Hollywood celebrities.
- The app has since received both positive and negative reactions from netizens.
Like Us On Facebook
Japan’s Copper Fiber Face Mask Can Destroy COVID-19 Particles in 4 Hours
Russia Declares State of Emergency After 20,000 Tons of Oil Spill in Arctic Circle
George Floyd Tested Positive For COVID-19, Autopsy Report Says
Netizens Are Outraged With TikTok’s “George Floyd Challenge”
- Interesting5 days ago
Formation of Clouds That Seem to Spell “LOVE” Goes Viral
- OMG5 days ago
Chinese Social Media Stars Shock Internet After Unedited Photos Get Leaked Online
- Inspiring5 days ago
Dad Reviews His Daughter’s ‘Restaurant’ And It’s Both Funny and Heartwarming
- News6 days ago
Minneapolis Rioters Play Audio From The Purge: “Any And All Crime Will Be Legal For 12 Continuous Hours”