- The World Health Organization confirmed of a possible “emerging evidence” of airborne transmission of the novel coronavirus.
- Its confirmation came six month after the pandemic broke out worldwide.
- The admission follows soon after 239 scientists warned the public of their discovery.
After 239 scientists wrote a letter to the World Health Organization, the agency finally recognized that there is an “emerging evidence” of airborne transmission of the coronavirus.
In a press briefing, WHO Technical Lead for Infection Prevention and Control Dr. Benedetta Alleganzi said that they are now discussing and collaborating with various scientists on this latest development.
“We acknowledge that there is emerging evidence in this field, as in all other fields regarding the COVID-19 virus and pandemic… Therefore we believe that we have to be open to this evidence and understand its implications regarding the modes of transmission. And also regarding the precautions that need to be taken,” Alleganzi said in a press conference.
The 239 scientists urged WHO to be more forthcoming about the possibilities that people can contract the virus from “droplets floating in the air”.
Infectious disease epidemiologist Maria Van Kerkove added that many engineers were also signatories of the said letter. The engineers contributed on the essence of ventilation process and they also discussed about how droplets circulate in the surroundings.
Airborne and aerosol as the newest mode of transmission?
Van Kerkove also said that they are currently looking into possibility of airborne and aerosol transmission, as well as droplets, as one of the mode of transmissions of the novel COVID-19.
“We’ve looked at fomites. We’ve looked at fecal oral. We’ve looked at mother to child. We’ve looked at animal to human, of course as well,” she shared in a CNN report.
She assured that in the next few weeks, WHO will be releasing a scientific brief summary on this development.
Alleganzi admitted, however, that such evidence needs more research before they can confirm that COVID-19 can be transmitted through airborne. The possibility of airborne transmission in public settings, particularly in poor ventilated, crowded, and closed environment could not be ruled out.
“So these are fields of research that are really growing and for which there is some evidence emerging but is not definitive,” she explained.
Watch the press briefing:
Immunity from COVID-19 May Last Only Months, According to UK Study
Antibodies will start to disappear 20 to 30 days after showing symptoms.
- According to the study, the antibodies will start to disappear 20 to 30 days after showing symptoms.
- The antibodies can only last for several months, lasting longer for those who have had severe cases.
- People can still get re-infected as time goes by and the outbreaks can become seasonal.
There Will Be No Return To Normal “For The Foreseeable Future,” According to WHO
“Let me blunt, too many countries are headed in the wrong direction.”
- Director General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus of the World Health Organization recently told the media that there is no returning to the old normal "for the foreseeable future."
- Many countries are still seeing an increase in coronavirus cases, with United States and Brazil having the most infections.
- Ghebreyesus said "the actions of many governments and people" show they are doing things wrong.
Chinese Embassy Claims Kazakhstan Has “Unknown Pneumonia Outbreak” Much Deadlier Than Coronavirus
“This disease is much deadlier than Covid-19,” warned Chinese officials.
- The Chinese embassy in Kazakhstan has issued a warning for its citizens regarding an "unknown pneumonia outbreak" in the country, claiming it is "much deadlier than Covid-19."
- The said outbreak has caused 628 deaths "in June alone," according to the embassy.
- Health officials of Kazakhstan, however, denied the claims, saying China's allegations "did not confirm to the reality."
Like Us On Facebook
Nurse Evicted from Boarding House After Telling Landlady She Has Covid-19
90-Year-Old Grandfather Came Out as Gay During the Pandemic
Devoted Husband Succumbs to Coronavirus After Visiting Wife on Deathbed
Novel Coronavirus Found on Frozen Seafood Packaging in China
- News6 days ago
Beirut Ignored Public Warning There Was A Russian ‘Bomb’ At The Port
- News6 days ago
43 Days of Monsoon Rain Devastate South Korea with Deadly Floods and Over 200 Landslides
- Art5 days ago
‘John Wick 5’ Confirmed, Will Be Filmed Back-to-Back With 4th Movie
- History5 days ago
Tasaday Stone Age Tribe: A Philippines Savage Hoax That Fooled The World