- Vice Mayor Charlie Natanauan of Talisay, Batangas thinks residents within the danger zone of Taal Volcano should already return home, despite Alert Level #4 warnings.
- Natanauan says seismologists’ “opinions” about the eruption is already damaging the local economy.
- The police chief of Calabarzon said he’ll throw Natanauan to the volcano as a sacrifice if people go back to their residences because of his encouragements.
A public official in the Philippines has sparked outrage among netizens after downplaying authorities’ warnings about the dangers posed by Taal Volcano. According to the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology, Alert Level #4 remains in several areas and a hazardous eruption could possibly happen within hours or days.
However, Talisay Vice Mayor Charlie Natanauan, said in media interviews that PHIVOLCS director Renato Solidum “is not God” and that no one – scientists included – can really predict volcanic eruptions. He also wants to ask President Rodrigo Duterte to reverse the agency’s “opinion” about the eruption because sensationalizing the news is already hurting the economy.
“What if the volcano will only erupt after 1 year?” he asked, adding it would be hard for people to stay in evacuation centers for a long time. So he’s suggesting that residents within the danger zone to return to their homes and go on with their lives.
Natanauan likewise added that he believes there would not be a major destruction in case the volcano does erupt since lava will stop once it hits the water “because it will get wet.”
Maria Antonia Bornas, chief of PHIVOLCS Volcano Monitoring and Eruption Prediction Division, said they understand that the vice mayor’s comments may be because he is is “under so much stress.” Despite that, she assured that they are doing their best and their warnings are based on science.
Watch the report here:
Meanwhile, Brig. Gen Vicente Danao Jr, police chief of Calabarzon, reiterated that residents from the lockdown areas are prohibited from entering the danger zones.
In a media interview, Danao said that the vice mayor should help and not tell people to go back. If people die because of Natanauan’s encouragements, he will throw him into the volcano as a sacrifice.
Unscrupulous Sellers Get Bashed For Overpricing Face Masks Amid Taal Volcano Eruption
Greedy merchants are selling the masks for up to 10x their original price.
- The price of N95 face masks have ridiculously skyrocketed in Manila, Philippines.
- Demand for the said mask has gone up in the country following Taal Volcano's eruption.
- Government officials have assured the public that appropriate action will be taken against the enterprising merchants.
Mount Taal: One of The World’s Smallest Active Volcanoes Erupts
A “hazardous explosive eruption” could happen “within hours or days,” authorities warn.
Iran Finally Admits They ‘Unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Passenger Plane
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani apologized, saying the country “deeply regrets (the) disastrous mistake.”
- Days after insisting that Ukraine International Airlines Flight PS572 crashed because of technical malfunction, the Iranian government has admitted they "unintentionally" shot it down.
- The passenger aircraft was mistaken as a "hostile target."
- Hassan Rouhani, president of Iran, has issued a public apology, following the admission of the "disastrous mistake."
Like Us On Facebook
13-Year-Old Just Graduated With 4 Associate Degrees
Sheriff Takes Off Riot Gear as Protesters Cheer “Walk With Us”, So He Did
Clever Bookshelf Can Be Reassembled Into A Coffin After The Owner’s Death
103-Year-Old Lady Celebrates Knocking COVID-19 Out By Having A Cold Bud Light Beer
Formation of Clouds That Seem to Spell “LOVE” Goes Viral
Chinese Social Media Stars Shock Internet After Unedited Photos Get Leaked Online
Dad Reviews His Daughter’s ‘Restaurant’ And It’s Both Funny and Heartwarming
Mexico’s Cancún Holiday Hotspot Offers Free Hotels And Meals to Tourists
- News4 days ago
Canadian Teacher Tells Student To “Go Back To The Philippines And Work On Rice Farms”
- News6 days ago
Men Are More Effective Grocery Shoppers Than Women In Times During COVID-19, Japanese Official Says
- OMG4 days ago
Scary Video Shows Alligator Climbing A Fence
- OMG6 days ago
Aggressive Cannibal Rats Are On The Loose In The US Amidst Pandemic, CDC Warns