- Transgender woman Gretchen Diez, 28, ended up getting arrested by cops because she used the women’s restroom in a mall.
- The said incident went viral on social media and now Diez has officially filed complaint for how she was treated.
A transgender woman in the Philippines recently gained viral attention for getting arrested after using the ladies restroom in a mall. Gretchen Diez, 28, was at Farmers Plaza in Quezon City when cleaning crew member Chayra Ganal stopped her and told her to use the men’s room instead.
Unfortunately, things didn’t end there as Diez was eventually detained in another room and was harassed further by Ganal, who told her she’s “not beautiful” and she still “has a penis.” Diez captured everything on camera as she went live on Facebook and Ganal threatened to sue her for it, even trying to grab the trans woman’s mobile phone. Ganal also told her she wants to slap Diez in the face. An unidentified male security guard in the room likewise tried intimidating her to stop filming.
Transgender woman Gretchen Diez only wanted to pee. She ended up getting arrested instead.
As if that wasn’t enough, things escalated when the cops arrived as they handcuffed her and took her to the police station based on the complaint filed by Ganal.
After several hours, she was freed when Ganal dropped the case. Ganal has since written an apology letter, which Diez accepted.
Diez’ story immediately went viral and several media sources have since featured her.
The incident has led to a debate about LGBT+ rights.
Meanwhile, netizens are divided in their opinions with some pointing out that handcuffing Diez wasn’t even necessary as she didn’t violate any law. Others, however, are saying Ganal was only “doing her job.”
Araneta Center eventually issued a public statement, condemning their staff member’s actions.
Despite that, Diez still filed a complaint against the mall management, the sanitation service agency, and the security agency.
“I should be an example of forgiveness. Apology is accepted, I know that they admitted this mistake but at the end of the day, justice should be served.”
Quezon City Mayor Joy Belmonte expressed support for Gretchen and the LGBT+ community.
Belmonte said she “condemns this kind of discrimination” especially since the city has an existing law, the Gender Fair Ordinance, which prohibits “all forms of discrimination, and protects and respects the dignity and human rights of everyone, especially the LGBT+.”
Mia Khalifa Reveals She Only Earned $12,000 From Doing Porn
The former adult film star says she was only paid $1,000 for the infamous hijab scene!
- Mia Khalifa continues to be one of the most popular adult film stars despite her retirement in 2014.
- However, the former actress claims she only earned $12,000 throughout her brief career.
- Khalifa also admitted that she decided to stop doing adult films after the infamous hijab scene.
Islamic TV Station Gets Banned After Saying Gays Are “Worse Than Pigs”
One of the presenters said pigs are more “dignified” than gay men.
- Islamic channel Peace TV has attracted public outrage after several of their programs condemned the LGBT people, calling homosexuality as "insane" and "influenced by Satan."
- The network is now facing possible sanctions from Ofcom, including losing their license.
Anti-Vaxxer Gets Burned For Wearing “Jesus Wasn’t Vaccinated” Shirt
Netizens didn’t hold back and roasted her hard!
- The official Christian Nightmares account on Twitter recently posted a picture of a woman wearing a "Jesus Wasn't Vaccinated" shirt.
- Not surprisingly, she was immediately roasted by netizens.
- The World Health Organization has previously identified anti-vaxxers as among the world's major health threats.
Like Us On Facebook
Lockdown Turns Sea In UK Into A Tropical Paradise
Most Riots, Fires, And Looting Are NOT Caused by George Floyd Protesters, Says Authorities
13-Year-Old Boy Graduates With 4 Associate Degrees
Sheriff Takes Off Riot Gear as Protesters Cheer “Walk With Us”, So He Did
Formation of Clouds That Seem to Spell “LOVE” Goes Viral
Chinese Social Media Stars Shock Internet After Unedited Photos Get Leaked Online
Dad Reviews His Daughter’s ‘Restaurant’ And It’s Both Funny and Heartwarming
Hawaii’s Pūhāhonu: Earth’s Largest Volcano Discovered Underneath Two Rocky Peaks
- News4 days ago
Canadian Teacher Tells Student To “Go Back To The Philippines And Work On Rice Farms”
- News6 days ago
Men Are More Effective Grocery Shoppers Than Women In Times During COVID-19, Japanese Official Says
- OMG5 days ago
Scary Video Shows Alligator Climbing A Fence
- OMG6 days ago
Aggressive Cannibal Rats Are On The Loose In The US Amidst Pandemic, CDC Warns