- These passports can visit 189 countries, visa-free.
- The U.S. is in sixth place, along with the UK.
- The world’s least powerful passport is Afghanistan.
There may have been a time when no one would ever imagine that the most powerful passport would come from Asia. It may come as a surprise, especially considering the fact that it may surpass the U.S. or the European countries.
But right now, two of the top spots on the list of the world’s most powerful passports are indeed from Asia.
Singapore and Japan currently shares top ranking.
Apparently, passport-bearers from these nations can visit 189 countries without a visa.
This ranking was released by the Henley Passport Index, which got their data from the International Air Transport Association.
On second place is another Asian nation – South Korea’s passport can visit 187 countries visa-free. Germany shares the second place (no change from last year) while Finland’s passport comes up at the third spot, along with Italy, Denmark, and Luxembourg.
In fourth place are Spain, Sweden, and France while Switzerland, Portugal, Austria, and the Netherlands are in fifth place.
Meanwhile, the U.S. is in the sixth place, along with the UK, Norway, Belgium, Canada, Greece, and Ireland.
Here’s the complete list of the top 10 most powerful passports in the world:
- Japan, Singapore
- Germany, South Korea
- Denmark, Italy, Luxembourg
- France, Sweden, Spain
- Austria, Netherlands, Portugal, Switzerland
- Norway, UK, USA, Belgium, Canada, Greece, Ireland
- Czech Republic
- Australia, Iceland, New Zealand, Lithuania
- Latvia, Slovakia, Slovenia
For the first time, the United Arab Emirates entered the top 20.
For the past five years, its passport has doubled the number of its visa-free destinations, which now stands at 167.
In comparison, Afghanistan is currently the world’s least powerful passport, which gives access to only 25 countries. A little further up is Iraq, which can access 29 countries, and Pakistan, which has 33 visa-free destinations.
Australian Tourist Spots That Were Supposed To Be A Joke
Just some fun attractions to see in Australia!
Most people visit Australia to see the beaches or explore nature but one of the reasons why a trip to the Land Down Under is so much fun is because of the residents. Australians certainly have a great sense of humor and it shows in some of the tourist attractions they have created around the country.
Gorgeous Ocean Pools Around The World
You might want to visit these amazing pools on your next vacation!
Who says you need to go to the beach to enjoy the ocean? There are several amazing ocean-fed pools around the world where you can enjoy nature while not having to worry about sharks or jellyfish. Most of these pools also make you feel safe considering that there are no riptides or strong waves that could get you in danger if you're not a strong swimmer.
Poland Has An Eco-Friendly, Solar-Powered Bicycle Lane That Glows In The Dark
Cycling just got more interesting.
- Poland unveiled a gorgeous, glowing bike path near Lidzbark Warminski in the Mazury region.
- While the “Starry Night” bike path in the Netherlands inspired this concept, the technology utilized in the Polish bike lane is quite different.
- The solar-powered bike lane glows in the dark and is entirely self-sustaining, as it is charged by the sun.