- According to a Harvard Medical School study, new data suggests that the novel coronavirus may have started to hit Wuhan as early as August 2019.
- Dr John Brownstein said satellite images of five Wuhan hospital parking lots showed a noticeable increase in volume, months before the outbreak.
- Internet searches on “cough” and “diarrhea” also grew during the same period.
While China continues to stand by their statement that the coronavirus outbreak began in Wuhan in December 2019, a new study conducted by the Harvard Medical School is now contradicting that. According to researchers, the new virus may have started spreading as early as August.
The study, led by Dr John Brownstein, gathered information from satellite images and internet searches and the researchers are convinced hat the disease probably began much earlier than reported.
First off, satellite photos reveal that five hospitals in Wuhan had as much as 90% increase in parked cars during late summer and fall of 2019 compared with the previous year.
This suggests that more people visited medical facilities during the period, most likely to seek professional help.
Next, internet searches on Baidu, Google’s equivalent in China, likewise showed a spike in “diarrhea” and “cough,” both symptoms of the coronavirus, months before the country officially made an announcement about the disease.
The satellite images and Baidu searches seem to be linked with each other, according to researchers.
As Brownstein and his group tells us:
“While we cannot confirm if the increased volume was directly related to the new virus, our evidence supports other recent work showing that emergence happened before identification at the Huanan Seafood market.
“These findings also corroborate the hypothesis that the virus emerged naturally in southern China and was potentially already circulating at the time of the Wuhan cluster.”
Watch this video report by ABC News:
Meanwhile, Chinese authorities were quick to dismiss the group’s findings.
In a media brieifing, Hua Chunying, spokesperson of the Chinese Foreign Ministry, said:
“I think it is ridiculous, incredibly ridiculous, to come up with this conclusion based on superficial observations such as traffic volume.”
U.S. Confirms More Than 20,000 New COVID-19 Cases A Day
The country’s battle against coronavirus is still far from over…
- The United States has received over 20,000 new confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus each day.
- The New York Times reported that the increase in daily average is due to two major things; 1) the reopening of some businesses; and 2) the large-scale protests.
- In addition, the new cases are due to increased efforts of mass testing in the country.
COVID-19 Patients With High Blood Pressure Have Double The Risk of Dying, Study Says
“Nearly half of the patients who died had high blood pressure,” according to researchers.
- A group of international researchers are warning that coronavirus patients with high blood pressure are twice more likely to die compared with others.
- Apparently, about 30% of 2,866 Covid-19 patients in Wuhan died having the condition.
New Zealand Now Has ZERO Coronavirus Cases, Will Soon End Lockdown And Lift Restrictions
No active cases for 17 straight days.
- New Zealand has no coronavirus cases for 17 straight days.
- Public transport, hospitality, weddings, and funerals are to resume without any restrictions soon.
- Others, however, fear that risks will increase as incoming travelers come in and as winter season sets in.
Like Us On Facebook
Beer Company Inadvertently Names their Beverage after Pubic Hair
Golden Retriever Being Abandoned By Its Owner Was Captured on Video
New Zealand Supermarkets Flocked by Panic-Buyers as Country Reimposes Lockdown
People Are Advised To Have Sεx With Masks On And Only ‘Do Positions Facing Away From Each Other’