- Rhea Bullos, an 11-year-old girl from the Philippines has captured the eyes and hearts of netizens after her photos went viral online.
- Apparently, the young athlete wore no shoes during her competition.
- She only rocked a surgical bandage with a hand-drawn Nike logo.
A young Filipina girl just proved to the world that more than having fancy running shoes, an athlete needs pure determination and passion to succeed. Rhea Bullos, an elementary student from Balasan, Iloilo in the Philippines attracted a lot of attention online after her photos went viral on social media.
Originally posted on Facebook by her trainer Predirick Valenzuela, Rhea’s photos have since inspired numerous netizens about her touching story. As you can see on the pics below, young Rhea didn’t wear any running shoes during her competition.
Rhea Bullos, 11 years old, only wore her makeshift ‘Nike’ shoes – and she ended up winning 3 gold medals at an inter-school tournament.
According to Predirick’s post, Rhea took home gold medals for the 400 meter dash, 800 meter run, and 1500 meter run, defeating female athletes from other elementary schools during the Iloilo Schools Sports Council Meet. She represented her school Salvacion Elementary.
No shoes – just a surgical bandage with a hand-drawn Nike Swoosh.
In an interview CNN Philippines, Predirick shared he’s happy that she won, adding that she’s always training hard, despite her lack of appropriate footwear.
Numerous netizens have since expressed their admiration for Rhea’s perseverance, despite of life’s difficulties. Some took time to comment that she’s a “fine example of what Filipino athletes are made of” while others encouraged those capable to make donations so the girl could have the equipment she needs to further excel in sports.
According to the trainer, Rhea dreams of competing in the Palarong Pambansa (National Games) and the Southeast Asian (SEA) Games someday. With her will power, we’re sure that could be a reality in the years ahead.
Meanwhile, those interested to make donations for Rhea may contact Predirick Valenzuela via Facebook.
Filipino Surfer Sacrifices Gold Medal To Rescue Indonesian Rival
This man has a golden heart!
- A heroic moment happened in the 30th Southeast Asian Games when Filipino surfer Roger Casugay quickly rescued his Indonesian competitor Arip Nurhidayat.
- Apparently, the latter fell off from his board when he broke his leash.
- He ended up getting hit by massive waves until the former pulled him from the water and took him to his board.
Touching Moment Man Gets Finally Reunited With Pet Cat Who’s Been Gone For 7 Years
I’m not crying. You’re crying!
Losing a pet can be terribly heartbreaking. It's definitely the kind of problem animal lovers wouldn't want to experience.
Kindhearted Street Sweeper Brings Pet Dog With Her Every Day To Work
Her adorable pup just stays calm and well-behaved while she’s busy working.
- Bangkok street cleaner Thitirat Keowa-ram takes her pet with her every day to work.
- Her well-behaved dog, 1-year-old Mazda, can be seen hanging on her back with a carrier bag.
- The two achieved viral fame when their story started spreading on social media.
Like Us On Facebook
Healthcare Workers Are Sticking Their Photos On Protective Gears To Give COVID-19 Patients A Human Connection
Pastor ‘Destroys’ Coronavirus by Blowing It Away
Truck Drivers And Other Frontline Workers Can Have $25K Hazard Pay From “Heroes Funds”
Critic Who Slammed China For Coronavirus Response Goes ‘Missing’
News2 days ago
Panic Buyers In The U.K. Are Throwing Out Their Excess Food To Garbage Bins
Interesting2 days ago
Funeral Dancers For Hire Are In Demand In Ghana
News2 days ago
Nurse Gets Suspended After Buying Protective Supplies For Fellow Frontliners Using GoFundMe Money
OMG1 day ago
Two Pandas Mate For The First Time In 13 Years During COVID-19 Quarantine