- Pope Francis of the Roman Catholic Church recently made headlines after slapping a woman’s hand.
- The incident, which happened in St Peter’s Square, Vatican City has sparked different comments both from believers and non-believers of the faith.
- The pontiff has since apologized about his act.
Pope Francis has issued a public apology after smacking a woman’s hand as he tried to free himself when she grabbed him in St Peter’s Square. According to reports, the incident happened as the Roman Catholic leader was greeting children and pilgrims.
The woman, whose identity remains unknown,suddenly pulled the pope’s hand, which caused him to get upset and react violently. Everything was caught on film and the video eventually went viral on social media.
This woman got slapped by the Pope for aggressively pulling his hand.
Not surprisingly, netizens had mixed reactions about what happened, with some labeling the woman as “disrespectful” for doing what she did to Pope Francis – who is already 83 years old.
Pope Francis definitely wasn’t happy about the encounter, as can be seen in his face.
One commenter sided with the Catholic leader and wrote:
“I am not a fan of the Pope but you should never pull or grab someone like that, especially an elderly person.. That is just plain rude!”
“She deserved it. She would’ve gotten more than a slap if she did that to my grandpa.”
Meanwhile, others also disagreed with those defending him, saying his response was so un-Christlike.
As someone pointed out:
“He was not going to fall. He acted angry and slapped her. That is not the behavior of a Vicar of Jesus.”
A day after the incident, the pontiff immediately apologized for his behavior.
He remarked in a recent sermon:
“Love makes us patient. So many times we lose patience, even me, and I apologize for yesterday’s bad example.”
Watch the video report here and see how everything happened:
Cruise Line Slapped With $20M Fine After Getting Caught Dumping Trash Into Ocean
The company is now promising to be more careful about taking care of the environment.
- A cruise line company has been found to be illegally dumping food waste and plastic into the ocean.
- Because of this, the company has been fined $20 million for its actions.
- The corporation is now changing its ways and has vowed to reduce gas emissions.
New Zealand Eruption: Death Toll May Rise After White Island Volcano Suddenly Erupts
White Island Volcano could still erupt within 24 hours.
- 25 people are now fighting for their life after the White Island disaster
- Six have been confirmed dead, while 8 are still missing
- The volcano could erupt again in 24 hours
US Doctors Reanimate a Dead Donor Heart Using a Groundbreaking Procedure
The procedure, called donation after death (DCD) is the first of its kind in the US.
- American doctors successfully reanimate a heart after its donor died
- The technique pumps the donor heart with blood, oxygen, and electrolytes
- Duke University is the first US hospital to complete the procedure
Like Us On Facebook
Couple Helps Out Health Workers By Producing Face Shields Using 3D Printing
The Earth Is Shaking Less Because of Coronavirus Lockdowns
Italy Grows Impatient With Lockdown, Civil Disturbance Seems To Be Brewing
China Gets New Coronavirus Cases, Reports That They Are Mostly Imported
Romantic Guy Uses Drone to Meet Girl from A Nearby Building and Their Quarantined Love Story’s The Sweetest
Ambulance Worker Gets Applauded By An Entire Street In Her Neighborhood
India’s Air Pollution Significantly Decreases Following Coronavirus Lockdown
Low-Income Parents Are Having A Hard Time Buying Baby Wipes, Diapers, and Formula Because of Hoarders