- Filipina woman Gel Rodriguez recently went viral because of a funny social media post.
- The airline passenger shared a photo where she was seen wearing several layers of garments, all in an attempt to avoid paying extra baggage fees.
What do you do if you want to get away with having to pay for excess baggage at the airport? Well one woman has shown us her hilarious solution and she has recently gained viral fame because of it.
Gel Rodriguez of Davao City, Philippines came up with the ridiculous, albeit unquestionably effective, idea of wearing 2.5 kilograms of her clothes so she can avoid paying extra fees for her baggage – which already exceeded the allowed weight of 7 kilos.
According to Gel, an airline staff told her she had to pay up for excess baggage because her suitcase already reached 9 kilos. Instead of pulling money out of her pocket, however, she decided she would instead wear several layers of clothing namely 3 jackets, 5 shirts, and 3 pairs of pants. Her baggage was reduced from 9 to 6.5 kg.
She eventually shared about her experience on social media and even posted a photo. Much to her surprise, her story immediately went viral online. She would later joke that had she would have uploaded a better picture had she known the post would go viral.
In an interview with VICE, Gel said:
“I didn’t want to pay the fee for the excess baggage because it was only two kilograms.”
Despite everything, Gel is quick to admit that she actually wouldn’t recommend the ‘hack’ to others. “It was really hot,” she pointed out, adding she will never pull the same stunt again in the future.
Meanwhile, some netizens praised Gel for being funny and creative. One passenger even admitted to throwing stuff away in a garbage bin just to avoid the fees. On the other hand, there are also those who confessed that they have likewise done the same trick in the past.
Funny Filipino Babysitter Entertains Infant With Her Hilarious Dance Moves
Not your typical nanny – and damn, she’s giving it her all!
- A nanny from the Philippines captured the attention of social media netizens because of her viral dance video.
- In the footage, she can be seen with her crazy moves as she entertains a baby.
Teenager Gets 16 Dachshunds To Pose Perfectly Lined Up In Pairs
The pups were happy to pose for the picture because he had a secret weapon!
- A teenager who owns 16 Dachshunds has proven that it's possible to get all of the rowdy pups to pose for a pretty picture.
- The 19-year-old was challenged by a friend to take a photo of his dogs lined up on the stairs.
- Amazingly, it only took him 10 minutes to get the picture because he had a secret weapon!
Clever Dog Fakes Leg Injury To Get Attention
The hilarious pooch has bamboozled several tourists!
- A clever dog is going viral for a truly amazing trick.
- The pooch is usually found on the streets struggling with a leg injury that isn't what it seems.
- After someone tries to help him, the dog miraculously straightens up and walks away with a cheeky grin on his face.