- Adewale and Blessing agreed on not having a wedding reception
- The Nigerian couple has gone viral for their clever and practical idea.
- However, they ended up with a heartwarming surprise later on their wedding day.
Wedding guests mostly look forward to the wedding reception. There’s great food and of course, there are gorgeous and colorful setup and decors, the wedding program, and a get together of friends and family. But for Nigerian couple Adewale Yussuf and Blessing Ijeoma, a wedding reception wasn’t even necessary.
Yussuf and Ijeoma recently went viral for their decision to exclude a wedding reception, clearly indicating it on their wedding invite. The couple’s decision was applauded by many not only because the couple was able to save money but also because it was an excellent idea.
This Nigerian couple breaks wedding tradition by having no reception.
Some would go out of their way just to spend a lot on their wedding. Others would even be in debt just to have their dream celebration. Yussuf and Ijeoma, on the other hand, had a mutual agreement that having a post-wedding party wasn’t necessary.
“My wife and I had decided to not have a reception party after our wedding. Just church service, nothing big,” Adewale shared on social media, along with a photo of their wedding invite.
While there were mixed reactions on whether the couple had a practical approach or not, it can’t be denied that these two taught all of us an important lesson – that what matters most in a wedding is the two people, exchanging their vows to love and respect each other for the rest of their lives.
What the couple didn’t know, however, was that they’d receive a surprise later that day.
Co-workers decided to throw them a party after the wedding.
Even though the newly-weds went without any reception, it didn’t exactly end up that way because coworkers and friends from the office decided to throw them a party after having their photos taken.
The groom shared how he was truly surprised by the heartwarming gesture that it took time for him to fully recover.
Adewale also wrote that he and his wife really intended not to have a reception and only go for a simple wedding. People have insulted them; others also defended their unusual arrangement. Either way, the couple made it clear that they were happy with their decision.
Man Secretly Proposes To Girlfriend For A Month And She Never Noticed
She was entirely clueless the whole time!
- A guy recently went viral for his unique way of proposing to his girlfriend.
- Edi Okoro wanted to pop the question to his girlfriend Cally Read.
- He did it by taking a bunch of random photos with his girlfriend and the diamond ring in the background.
- She later said yes - and he never got caught!
Gang of Bikers Has A Mission To Save Animals from Abusive Pet Owners
They may look tough and scary but they have a soft spot for animals.
- Rescue Ink is a non-profit organization with the mission to save abused and neglected animals.
- Considered by many as "superheroes," the biker gang receives around 250 calls each day from concerned citizens asking for help.
Siblings Repair Shoes On The Streets Before School To Earn Money For Lunch Food
They work every day so they could have enough for food and school projects.
- Two siblings have to work by repairing shoes on the streets so they could earn enough money.
- The brother and sister would head for the streets to fix shoes by the sidewalk.
- They do this every day before going to school so that they could get enough for their lunch money.