- Nicolas Cage is going meta in his new film ‘Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent’.
- The ‘Face/Off’ star is set to play two fictionalized versions of himself in the upcoming meta-drama.
- Cage will also be producing the movie.
Nicolas Cage is known for taking on memorable and sometimes quirky roles in his films. However, the Con Air actor’s upcoming project appears to be tailor-made just for him. Cage is currently in negotiations to play himself in a fictionalized movie about his life.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Nicolas Cage is already in final talks to portray a fictional version of himself in the film Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent. The movie will be directed by Tom Gormican of That Awkward Moment who co-wrote the screenplay with Kevin Etten of Ghosted.
The premise of the film is unsurprisingly meta.
The movie will follow Nicolas Cage trying to score a role in a new Quentin Tarantino movie while trying to fix his relationship with his estranged (and fictional) teenage daughter. He also keeps talking to a 90s version of himself who keeps berating him for taking on low-budget projects.
In addition to that, he is struggling with debt, which leads him to take on a job working with a Mexican billionaire that turns out to be a drug cartel kingpin. From there, Cage’s adventures get even more bizarre as it involves the CIA, a future president, and “the role of a lifetime.”
Interestingly, Nicolas Cage has already been involved with the movie even before he was asked to play himself in the film.
Gormican revealed that he had sent Cage the script in an effort to convince the actor that it’s a “love letter” for the star. Amazingly, Cage immediately gave the screenplay his blessing and agreed to produce it.
Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent has not yet been given a release date although Lionsgate has already won the rights to produce it.
Watch the trailer for Nicolas Cage’s latest film ‘Primal’ below:
‘Sonic The Hedgehog’ Redesign Revealed in Awesome New Trailer
The redesign was truly worth the wait!
- The live-action film based on the Sega game had initially been mocked for its creepy version of Sonic the Hedgehog.
- The backlash was so overwhelming that Paramount Pictures decided to delay the movie's release so they could redesign the lead character.
- Amazingly, the new Sonic has been unveiled in a new trailer and he looks pretty awesome.
Emma Watson Describes Herself As “Self-Partnered” Instead of Single
“I’m very happy. I call it being ‘self-partnered.'”
- During an interview with the British Vogue magazine, Emma Watson has described herself as 'self-partnered.'
- The actress, who is 29, says she prefers the term over being 'happy single.'
Keanu Reeves Goes Public With First Girlfriend in Decades
We think they look good together!
- Keanu Reeves has been spotted walking hand in hand with Alexandra Grant in a Los Angeles art event.
- Reeves, who hasn't dated for years, has surprised fans everywhere.
- The Hollywood star is 55 while the silver-haired artist is 46.
Like Us On Facebook
Scientists Discover First Antarctic Frog From 200 Million Years Ago
Trained Dogs in South Africa Saved 45 Rhinos from Poaching
Woman Sparks Outrage After She Complained About Finding Other People at the Beach She Went To
Teacher Takes Care of Student’s Newborn Baby Brother While Family Awaits COVID-19 Test Results
- News6 days ago
Anti-Parasitic Drug Killed COVID-19 Within 48 Hours, Australian Scientists Discovered
- People7 days ago
Woman Completes 20 Courses from Major Universities While In Quarantine
- People6 days ago
Parents Shocked After 8-Week-Old Baby Learns To Stand Up On Her Own
- News2 days ago
Canadian Teacher Tells Student To “Go Back To The Philippines And Work On Rice Farms”