- A survey by Harris Poll and Lego revealed that more children in the US and UK want to be YouTubers and vloggers rather than being astronauts.
- Meanwhile, Chinese kids are more inclined to choose being astronauts over being social media stars.
Remember how we, as kids, all wanted to become astronauts when we grow up? Exploring space was definitely the ultimate goal for most children back in the days.
Well times have drastically changed and that’s no longer true for many of today’s young generation. According to a recent survey, more children these days want to be YouTube stars than astronauts – at least in the United States and the United Kingdom.
In a survey conducted by Harris Poll for Lego, 3,000 children ages 8 to 12 from US, UK, and China were asked to pick from five future career options: astronaut, musician, professional athlete, teacher, or vlogger/YouTuber.
The result tells us that US and UK kids are three times more likely to choose being social media stars over being astronauts.
Meanwhile, 56% of kids in China prefer to be astronauts.
According to reports, the said online survey was done in celebration of the moon landing’s 50th anniversary. And while it doesn’t claim represent all children from all countries, some are worried about this “new career trend” among youngsters.
Check out the survey results here:
While it is true that there are YouTubers and vloggers earning big bucks from making videos, some are considering it the “least mentally healthy profession on the planet,” as described by INC.
In a Business Insider interview, YouTuber Kati Morton shared:
“Working around the clock, we’re not taking care of ourselves, no matter how much the reward. It can never add up to the amount of effort that we’re putting in.”
On top of that, vloggers also have to deal with numerous comments from their viewers – which can also be a source of anxiety and stress.
As YouTuber Matt Lee told the UK Guardian:
“Human brains really aren’t designed to be interacting with hundreds of people every day.”
20+ Creative Ear Tattoos That Are Cooler Than Earrings
Ear tattoos, anyone?
Tattoos come in different size and shapes. While some desire large tattoos and going for full sleeves, others like it minimal and subtle. You can put a tiny tattoo anywhere you like, with the wrist, ankle, fingers, and even arm as popular areas where they can be found. However, if you want a more unique spot to hide those tattoos, you should go for ear tattoos.
Snickers Will Give Away A Million Candy Bars But There’s a Catch
There’s always a catch!
- Snickers has promised to give away one million candy bars for free.
- This announcement is part of the company's support for the petition to change the date of Halloween.
- Halloween enthusiasts started the petition last year, asking the federal government to move the annual celebration to the last Saturday of October.
Cigarette Butts Are A Bigger Environmental Threat Than Plastic Straws, Says Research
Plastic isn’t our only enemy, according to a study by the Anglia Ruskin University.
- A study conducted in Cambridge, England by Anglia Ruskin University tells us that aside from plastic, cigarette butts are also another huge threat to our environment.
- Discarded butts not only pollute our ocean but even harms our soil because they're made of harmful material.
Like Us On Facebook
Google Cancels April Fools Joke This Year Amid Coronavirus Pandemic
Smokers Have Higher Risk Of Contracting The Deadly COVID-19
The Dutch Hospital Recalls “Defective” China Made Masks
Spanish Princess Becomes The First Royal To Die From COVID-19