- Healthcare workers around the globe have been sharing their photos, showing their bruises and tired faces after long hours of treating patients infected with coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Protective masks and goggles make deep marks and scars on their faces as serve for hours every day to assist their patients.
- They hope that through these photos, other people will be reminded to “stay at home” to help minimize the spread of the virus.
As most people across the world are currently stuck at the comfort of their homes and watching movies, doctors, nurses, and other healthcare workers are working long hours in the hospitals, fighting tirelessly against the spread of the deadly coronavirus (COVID-19).
To reiterate their public reminder for everyone to stay home, doctors and nurses have shared their selfies, showing deep marks on their faces from wearing their protective gears and goggles the whole day.
Case in point, Natalie Silvey of London showed her face after working a 9-hour-shift in the hospital.
Emma Sterba of Kent, England, commented on Silvey’s post, and said that she can relate with her experience.
Nicola Sgarbi of Italy shared his picture on Facebook after working for 13 hours in the ICU. Sgarbi however said that he does not consider himself a hero. He was doing it because he is passionate about his job.
Martina Benedetti of Italy also shared that the protective gears were extremely hot inside and you can feel your breath, drops of sweat falling from your face inside the plastic glasses. She also said that the waterproof coat was bigger and heavier, but she needed to make an effort to move “fast and snappy”.
Alessia Bonari of Milan, Italy, showed her bruises in her Instagram pic:
“I am physically tired because the protective devices are bad, the lab coat makes me sweat, and once dressed, I can no longer go to the bathroom or drink for six hours,” Bonari lamented.
Megan Patterson of Ohio said she’s afraid that their hospital is already running out of resources and protective gears.
Check out some of the other photos below:
The face of compassion during a pandemic.
A Wuhan nurse, Cao Shan showed her bruises and goggle mark after long hours of working in the isolation ward in Jinyintan Hospital.
The DIY PPE of frontliners in the Philippines
Meanwhile, health workers from Philippines have been spotted wearing PPEs made from trash bags and plastic bags due to equipment shortage in the country.
So far, the deadly coronavirus has infected more than 341,000 people from 167 countries.
Watch this disturbing video taken inside the busy intensive care unit of a hospital in Bergamo, Italy.
Prince Charles Tests Positive for Coronavirus
Camilla and the Queen are still in good health.
- Prince Charles is now in self-isolation at Balmoral Castle in Scotland, along with Camilla, who tested negative.
- He fell ill after he attended an event in London, where Prince Albert of Monaco, who also has the virus, was present.
- The Queen "remains in good health."
The “Super-Spreader” Party That Started the Coronavirus Outbreak in Connecticut
Some of the guests went on to attend larger gatherings in New York.
- One of the guests, a 43-year-old man from Johannesburg, became sick during his flight home, exposing the passengers to the virus.
- Some of the other guests attended larger events in New York.
- The governor of Connecticut had to close restaurants and public buildings across the state.
At Least 23 Italian Doctors Have Already Died Because of Coronavirus
And the numbers will still go higher…
- The numbers are getting higher, as more and more people are getting infected.
- Shortage of protective gear such as masks and gowns are an alarming concern.
- Doctors are forced to choose whom to prioritize when giving medical care.
Like Us On Facebook
239 Experts Claim The Coronavirus is Airborne, Urges WHO to Admit It
China Reports Cases Of The Bubonic Plague That Once Wiped Out 60% Of Europe
Rapper Kanye West Announces He’s Running As U.S. President This 2020
Manila-Based Architects Design Floating Homes That Can Withstand Storms and Floods
- Lifestyle4 days ago
Shelter Dog Who Always Gets Rejected Shows He Can Make His Own Bed
- Interesting6 days ago
5 Countries with the Longest Lunch Breaks in the World
- LifeHacks7 days ago
You’ve Been Threading Needles Wrong Your Whole Life
- News6 days ago
New Flu Virus Found In China Has Pandemic Potential, Says Scientists