- Jen Atkin just won as Miss Great Britain.
- To everyone’s surprise, the 26-year-old beauty queen revealed she was once obese.
- Now an advocate of living a healthy lifestyle, Jen believes anyone can also lose weight and achieve their dreams if they’re willing to work hard.
Looking at Jen Atkin now, it would be hard to believe she was once plus-sized. After working hard and losing weight, the 26-year-old woman from Lincolnshire, UK has successfully transformed herself into a beauty queen. In fact, she has recently been crowned as the 75th Miss Great Britain, besting 45 other finalists.
Naturally, Jen is now being hailed by many as the internet’s latest fit-spiration – and for excellent reasons. Her weight loss story is absolutely amazing!
Jen Atkin was once obese. Now she’s a beauty queen!
According to Jen, she lost 50 kg after she decided to live a healthier lifestyle and it’s been totally worth it.
She wrote in an Instagram post:
“After years of being obese, unhealthy and uncomfortable I found motivation and managed to lose 8 stone (50kg). It transformed me into an ambitious and hard working person in all areas of my life; achieving something so incredible changed my mindset and made me realize if I worked hard enough for something, I could achieve it.”
“Believe in yourself,” she motivated her followers. “Put the hard work in, stay positive and make your own dreams a reality.”
An aviation administrator by profession, Jen is now an advocate of healthy lifestyle.
According to her, the massive weight loss can be credited to regular gym visits. And everything took her 2 years of hard work.
Jen also won first runner-up in Miss England 2018.
In a LadBible article, we also learn that Jen is a country singer and she has released her first single in 2018. The track reached #2 in the ReverbNation charts. Her next song will be up this spring, she said.
A Puppy Who Can’t Walk Becomes Friends With a Pigeon Who Can’t Fly
They always cuddle and have become inseparable.
- Lundy the Chihuaha was born with mobility problems linked to spinal damage.
- Hernan the pigeon is one of the rescue group's oldest residents.
- The foundation plans to make Lundy move himself by putting him on a wheelchair.
After Seeing Heartbreaking Video of Bullied Boy, Comedian Raises Over $150,000 To Send Him to Disneyland
Comedian Brad Williams set up a GoFundMe campaign not only to send 9-year-old Quaden Bayles to Disneyland but also to raise awareness against bullying.
- After seeing the heartbreaking video of bullied 9-year-old boy Quaden Bayles, comedian Brad Williams, who also has dwarfism, raised $150,000 to send the kid and his family to Disneyland.
- Yarraka Bayles, Quaden's mom, posted a heartbreaking video of her bullied son crying and asking her to "give me a rope, I want to kill myself"
- Williams fundraising efforts was made to let the people know that bullying will not be tolerated.
Loving Bro Creates a Stunning Gown for His Sister’s JS Prom
It was a Do It Yourself (DIY) and Youtube browsing helped Maverick Francisco Oyao’s finish an ala-Michael Cinco inspired Spring and Summer Collection.
- When the school announced the date of his sister's JS prom, Maverick Francisco Oyao worried about his parents cannot afford on buying or renting his sister a ball gown.
- Upon his sister insistence, he decided to make her a ball gown from scratch.
- Oyao first doubted himself if he can create and finish the gown on time, but thanks to his mother, google, and youtube, her sister flaunted the gown beautifully and elegantly.
- When he shared this story, netizens can't get over it and shared his good deed
Like Us On Facebook
Doctor Moves Into a Tent in Own Garage to Protect Family While Treating COVID-19 Patients
Delivery Guy Caught Spitting on Package Amidst COVID-19 Scare
U.S. Now Leads the Number of Coronavirus Cases in the World
Service Dog in Training Serves as Stress Reliever for ER Doctors