- A man named Maxim Glemann has introduced Stroodles, straws that are made of pasta.
- These strong, flavorless, edible straws are biodegradable and they easily dissolve in cold drinks in about an hour or so.
- The pasta straws are currently being used in some Italian bars and is now for purchase from their website.
Since plastic pollution is one of the world’s biggest environmental issues, we’re always glad to encounter new, innovative solutions to the problem. Case in point, one man came up with pasta straws in an attempt to help decrease plastic waste.
Maxim Glemann created Stroodles and people are absolutely loving it. In fact, the unique product has gone viral online and many have been praising it.
Definitely a great alternative to single-use plastic straws!
According to a National Geographic article, figures tell us that about 500 million disposable straws are used daily in the United States alone.
This, of course, is a saddening thing, considering that plastic pollutes oceans and harms marine life. Fortunately, some companies and government institutions across the world are responding to the problem by implementing straw bans in certain areas and establishments.
This is where Maxim’s Stroodles offer a fantastic solution since the pasta straws only last an hour or so in cold drinks. They also decompose overnight so they’re totally friendly to the environment.
These pasta straws are “strong, flavorless, biodegradable, edible, and zero-waste,” claims the official Stroodles website.
In an interview with LadBible, Maxim shared that he has “always really cared about the environment,” especially since he is into diving and traveling. He eventually encountered edible straws and he took inspiration from them.
Now the pasta straws are being used in some bars in Italy and customers are digging them. “People do end up snacking on them, usually after a few gin and tonics,” he said.
In case you’re interested about purchasing these fun straws, go visit the official Stroodles website.
Ellen DeGeneres Lectures Critics About Kindness After Getting Bashed For Befriending George W. Bush
Mark Ruffalo wasn’t too happy about Ellen’s speech.
Who knew being friends with someone can generate so much social media backlash? That’s what happened to talk show host Ellen Degeneres when she was spotted hanging out with former US president George W. Bush and his wife while watching the Dallas Cowboys vs. Green Bay Packers football game on Sunday.
Humanity Is A ‘Disease,’ Says Jason Momoa During UN Climate Speech
His remarks has since attracted mixed reactions from netizens.
- Hollywood actor and ocean activist Jason Momoa was invited to give a speech in front of world leaders during the United Nations' Small Islands Event.
- In his message, Momoa said humanity is "a disease" and the remark has since attracted mixed reactions from netizens across the world.
Barbie Introduces New Gender Neutral Doll Collection
The new doll line aims to embrace inclusivity.
- Barbie's new "Creatable World" line introduces gender neutral dolls for children.
- The dolls come with accessories that allow kids to change the toy from "boy, girl, neither or both."
Like Us On Facebook
Nurse Claims 90,000 People Are Already Infected By Coronavirus In China
Comic Artist, Who Stands 5-Feet, Shares The Advantages of Being Short
Deadly Chinese Wuhan Virus Speculated to Have Come From Bat Soup
Vice Mayor Claims Lava Stops When Its Wet, Police Wants To Throw Him Into Taal Volcano