- A massive explosion rocked the Lebanese capital city of Beirut on Tuesday, with many feared dead from the blast and resulting shock wave.
- A red-orange mushroom cloud formed above the city after the explosion.
- Director-General of Lebanese intelligence suggested that confiscated high-explosive materials stored at the local port triggered the explosion.
A massive explosion which produced a huge shock wave shook the Lebanese capital city of Beirut on Tuesday. Emergency workers immediately responded and there were reports of extensive damage and a high number of casualties.
Videos of the terrifying explosion, the cause of which is still unclear at the time of writing, quickly surfaced on social media.
Lebanon’s National News Agency reported that a fire had broken out at a fireworks warehouse, suggesting that this might have triggered an explosion.
Local reports said that the blast was felt many miles away.
The full extent of the damage remains unclear but local reports indicated that while the blast was focused on the port area, there was also widespread damage in the city.
Maj. Gen. Abbas Ibrahim, the director-general of Lebanese intelligence, dismissed the fireworks explanation as “ridiculous,” attributing the blast to confiscated high-explosive materials stored at the local port. Local media identified the material as sodium nitrate.
Ibrahim added, however, that he would not preempt the investigation.
The National News Agency said there were “countless” casualties. The country’s health minister says that at least 25 people are dead and more than 2,500 have been wounded. The hospitals are overwhelmed to the point that some have had to turn people away.
Remains of Young Boy Found Inside the Stomach of 14-Foot-Crocodile in Malaysia
Body parts and pieces of his clothing were found in the reptile’s stomach.
- A 14-foot long saltwater crocodile attacked a young boy last July 26.
- The boy was looking for snails near a river in Rumah Dadat, Tanjung Manis, Malaysia.
- The search and rescue team captured the reptile on the 31st of July.
- They found pieces of clothing and human remains inside the crocodile when they cut its stomach open.
17-Year-Old Identified As Mastermind Behind Massive Twitter Attack That Hacked Accounts of Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, and Barack Obama
The hackers earned $100,000 in Bitcoin in a single day.
- The scheme was created to steal the identities of famous Twitter users and use their accounts to direct others to send Bitcoin accounts identified with the hackers.
- They earned $100,000 in Bitcoin in a single day.
- The investigation involved the IRS, the FBI, and even the Secret Service.
Thousands March in Berlin to Protest Germany’s COVID-19 Restrictions
They also refuse to wear face masks.
- Thousands of unmasked groups marched to Brandenburg Gate to protest against the COVID-19 restrictions.
- They called it the "Day of Freedom" to signify freedom from the restrictive policies enforced by the Berlin police to contain the virus.
- The police warned the protesters that their "irresponsible" demonstrations could lead to prosecution.
- Politicians, on the other hand, are alarmed because of the rising numbers of new COVID-19 cases.
World’s First Happiness Museum Opens in Denmark
Why Nevada’s U.S. Route 50 Is Called “The Loneliest Road In America”
Simple and Easy: How to Make a Self-Watering Planter
Stranded American Backpacker Adopted by Family in a Remote Village