- A specialty mini-cow breeder in Colorado thinks that these animals are easy to take care of as pets.
- An author also said that these mini cows need to be loved and respected, like other animals.
- These small cows cost almost $2,000.
If you are toying about the idea of adopting a pet, you may want to consider getting a mini cow. Apparently, a specialty mini-cow breeder in Colorado named Lovable Little Ones said that cows can make great pets as they show “a great deal of affection, are very social, and are easy to take care of,” contrary to the usual notion of cows – smelly, loud, and big.
The author of the book “The Secret Life of Cows,” Rosamund Young, also supports this idea. In fact, Young said in a BBC interview that cows are different and that they need to gain respect as well.
“As many differences as us, quite probably,” said Young.
The author went on to say that there are cows that are sweet, some are shy and aloof, and others are also bossy. Cows could also be smart or the other way around.
Now, if you are interested in having a miniature cow soon, then there are some information that you need to know.
For example, they could be one-third or one-half of the size of the standard breed of cow. Quite a few farmers also keep mini cows more for their dairy products than their meat. In fact, these cows have the capacity to produce about 1 gallon of milk every milking, according to a TheHeartySoul report.
In addition, this breed of cow is more feed efficient as compared with the full-sized ones. Compared with the food full-sized cows consume, these miniature animals eat around 25 to 30 percent less food. As a result, they also have less waste coming out, which is advantageous in terms of waste disposal.
On top of that, these “adorable” mini ones need less pasture land.
For some, they are deemed therapy animals as they are gentle, especially with small kids.
Note that there exist 26 recognized breeds to pick from, according to Big Picture Agriculture.
When you are really fascinated with the idea of getting one for your family, then you have to know that the cost of a miniature cow is $1,800. And yes, while they are known for being fluffy and unaggressive, it is still prudent to take some measures as accidents may happen.
62-Year-Old Man Sets New World Record for Planking
This man proved that age is just a number!
- USA's George Hood has set a new world record for planking.
- An ex-Marine, the 62-year-old man grabbed the title back from China's Mao Weidong.
- Hood's official Guinness record is at 8 hours, 15 minutes, and 15 seconds.
NASA is Now Recruiting Its Next Batch of Future Astronauts
Do you have what it takes to be the next man (or woman) on the moon?
- NASA is currently looking for new recruits to send to the Moon.
- In addition to seeing the Moon, you may also end up being one of the first people to explore Mars!
A Lonely Lighthouse Perfect for Surviving Any Apocalypse
One wrong step and you can plunge to your death below.
- It sits atop a narrow rock 120 feet tall and located 4.5 miles from the mainland.
- There were no helicopters yet during the time it was built.
- It was the inspiration for the best-selling thriller novel "Why Did You Lie?"
Like Us On Facebook
How One Small Town In Italy Stopped The Coronavirus Outbreak
TikTok App is “Fundamentally Parasitic,” According to Tech Experts
Parents Are Sharing Funny Photos Of Their Kids While In Quarantine
Cowboy Museum Assigns Security Guard to Manage Their Twitter Account, Now He Becomes An Internet Sensation
Doctor Moves Into a Tent in Own Garage to Protect Family While Treating COVID-19 Patients
Delivery Guy Caught Spitting on Package Amidst COVID-19 Scare
Not Wearing Mask Is A “Big Mistake,” Chinese Expert Says
83-Year-Old Proves Age is But A Number After Becoming Flower Girl During Granddaughter’s Wedding