- Lítla Dímun is a tiny island which has its own cloud hovering above it, making it look like a fluffy, white majestic hat.
- Farmers visit the location every fall to get the sheep and take them back to the main islands.
- It is inaccessible to tourists, but they can see the view from its sister island.
Observing this little island from a distance, one can’t help but compare it to a cupcake. A fluffy white cloud drapes over it, very much like vapory blanket.
Lítla Dímun is the smallest of the 18 main islands of Faroe Islands, a North Atlantic archipelago that is part of the Kingdom of Denmark. The island may be tiny, but it has the capability to influence the atmosphere.
The lenticular cloud that hangs over it is commonly seen over protruding mountain landmasses, such as mountains.
The cloud is called as such because it is shaped like a lens. The cloud is formed when pockets of air drop to temperatures that are lower than the surrounding point.
The island without the cloud…
Lítla Dímun’s cloud hovers over it and sometimes spilling down over its land area, reaching out towards the sea.
The steep cliffs on the island…
The island is the only one among Faroe Islands’ main islands that is not inhabited by humans.
Farmers do visit the island to check on its main inhabitants, the sheep.
The island used to be ruled by short-tailed, black feral sheep, which were believed to be the descendants of those animals that were introduced to the area during the Neolithic era. However, these feral variety eventually became extinct, as the last of the creatures were shot during the 1800s.
Since then, Lítla Dímun became home to the domesticated sheep variety.
Farmers journey to Lítla Dímun each fall to tend to the animals and bring them back to nearby island of Suðuroy.
Roaming around the island is no walk in the park, though. Getting ashore is only possible during perfect weather. The island is made of steep cliffs and farmers use rope to scale them in order to tend to the sheep. They use large nets to lower the sheep to the ground, to be taken to the boats.
The view from a nearby island…
The island is inaccessible to tourists, but those who want to see its beauty can hike up its sister island, Stora Dimun, and check out the amazing views from the top.
Japanese Hotel Has Rooms With Constant Views of Cats and Options to Adopt
Who needs a sea view when you can watch adorable kittens playing?
- A new hotel in Japan is offering one of the best views any animal lover would truly adore: a room full of frolicking cats.
- The awesome hotel is right next door to a cat cafe so you can always get a view of the kittens.
- You can even choose to adopt one of the kitties!
Adorable Senior Couple Went Backpacking To 40 Countries And Fell In Love All Over Again
Couple goals indeed!
- An elderly couple decided to leave everything behind and travel around the world.
- The couple, who are both over the age of 65, were inspired to travel after meeting a foreigner who visited China although they didn't speak Mandarin.
- Since they set off on a backpacking trip, the adorable couple have visited 40 different countries around the globe.
Japan’s Wind Phone Allows People To ‘Call’ Departed Loved Ones
The black phone allows people to “feel like their lost loved ones are there listening on the other end of the line.”
- Japan's Wind Phone ("Kaze no Denwa" is not your ordinary phone booth.
- The phone is actually disconnected but people use it to "speak" with departed loved ones.
- For them, sending messages this way leads them to healing.
Like Us On Facebook
Japan’s Copper Fiber Face Mask Can Destroy COVID-19 Particles in 4 Hours
Russia Declares State of Emergency After 20,000 Tons of Oil Spill in Arctic Circle
George Floyd Tested Positive For COVID-19, Autopsy Report Says
Netizens Are Outraged With TikTok’s “George Floyd Challenge”
- Interesting5 days ago
Formation of Clouds That Seem to Spell “LOVE” Goes Viral
- OMG5 days ago
Chinese Social Media Stars Shock Internet After Unedited Photos Get Leaked Online
- Inspiring5 days ago
Dad Reviews His Daughter’s ‘Restaurant’ And It’s Both Funny and Heartwarming
- News6 days ago
Minneapolis Rioters Play Audio From The Purge: “Any And All Crime Will Be Legal For 12 Continuous Hours”