- Hollywood star Kristen Stewart has officially been cast as Princess Diana for an upcoming movie.
- Royal fans, however, are not happy about it saying the actress is a “terrible choice.”
- Director Pablo Larrain defended that Stewart has everything it takes to be a “strong lead.”
An upcoming movie about the rocky marriage of Prince Charles and Princess Diana has recently been confirmed by film producers. Along with the news, it has also been announced that 30-year-old actress Kristen Stewart will be playing the role of the iconic Princess of Wales.
The controversial casting choice has since gained a lot of reaction from fans and judging from the tweets and comments we’ve seen so far, it looks like many aren’t exactly happy about it.
Can Hollywood star Kristen Stewart portray Princess Diana? Some netizens are in doubt.
Fans mercilessly bashed the casting, with some saying Stewart will find it challenging to depict the charm and grace of the beloved princess.
On Twitter, one user wrote:
“I’m sorry Kristen. While she is a good actress, she simply isn’t the right fit for this role.”
“Princess Diana must be rolling in her grave right now,” another fan wrote.
Others even said the idea is laughable, while someone wanted to call for a petition to convince the filmmakers to change their minds.
From Bella Swan to Lady Di.
The ‘Spencer’ film will begin shooting in early 2021 and will be under the direction of Pablo Larrain, who has expressed full confidence in Stewart’s capabilities as an actress.
“Kristen can be many things, and she can be very mysterious and very fragile an ultimately very strong as well, which is what we need.
“As a filmmaker, when you have someone who can hold such a weight, dramatic and narrative weight just with her eyes, then you have the strong lead who can deliver what we are looking for.”
Watch this video report:
10 Sci-Fi Visual Effects That Changed The Game for Moviemakers
Is there any better way to pay our tribute to the visual effects industry than going back to the sci-fi movies that started them all?
As a genre, science fiction (sci-fi) has always been about pushing the boundaries of storytelling by exploring modern scientific concepts both in our world and in different planets. In films, these ideas have become the driving force behind filmmakers to create groundbreaking visual effects to make their stories more convincing.
London’s Answer To Disneyland Will Be “One of the Largest Construction Projects” In Europe
The £3.5 billion theme park will be “three times larger than any other park in the UK.”
- With construction expected to begin in 2021, the London Resort is set to the among the "largest construction projects" ever in Europe.
- According to the website, the proposed area will be "equivalent to 136 Wembley Stadiums" and the destination will be "three times larger" than other UK parks.
- London Resort is estimated to open by 2024.
Floyd Mayweather Jr. Offers to Pay for George Floyd’s Funeral
“He is just doing what he feels is right in his heart.”
- World boxing champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. is once again helping a family beset by tragedy.
- According to the people closest to him, the 43-year-old boxer is paying for the funeral expenses of George Floyd because it "feels right."
- Aside from Mayweather, other popular names in the sports industry have shown their support to the 'Black Lives Matter' movement, prompted by Floyd's death.
Like Us On Facebook
Dunkin’ To Permanently Close 450 Stores Before The Year Ends
“Starbucks Karen” Who Shamed a Barista for Asking Her to Wear a Mask Wants Half of the $100,000 Tip He Got From Supporters
After Months of Downplaying Coronavirus, Brazil’s President Bolsonaro Tests Positive of COVID-19
Huge 450-Pound Fish Pulls 2 Anglers Off Their Boat
- News3 days ago
China Reports Cases Of The Bubonic Plague That Once Wiped Out 60% Of Europe
- News5 days ago
California Man Posted He Regrets Attending A Party, Dies of COVID-19 The Next Day
- News6 days ago
Major U.S. Franchisee of Pizza Hut and Wendy’s Files for Bankruptcy
- Lifestyle4 days ago
Businessman in India Wears a $4000 Gold Mask As Coronavirus Protection