- Days after insisting that Ukraine International Airlines Flight PS572 crashed because of technical malfunction, the Iranian government has admitted they “unintentionally” shot it down.
- The passenger aircraft was mistaken as a “hostile target.”
- Hassan Rouhani, president of Iran, has issued a public apology, following the admission of the “disastrous mistake.”
After initially claiming that Ukraine International Airlines (UIA) Flight PS752 crashed because of technical malfunction, authorities in Iran have finally admitted the passenger plane was “unintentionally” shot down by the military. The unfortunate incident led to the loss of 176 lives.
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani has issued a statement, saying that the country “deeply regrets (the) disastrous mistake.” On the other hand, foreign minister Mohamad Javad Zarif likewise expressed his “apologies and condolences” but adding that the “human error” was triggered by “US adventurism.”
The ill-fated commercial flight was “unintentionally hit,” the armed forces confessed.
Just minutes after the jet took off the Imam Khomeini International Airport in Tehran for Kyiv, Ukraine, it was mistaken by an air defence operator as a “hostile target” and was shot down.
Onboard the Boeing 737-800 were 82 Iranians, 63 Canadians, and 11 Ukrainians, along with citizens from Afghanistan, Germany, Sweden, and the United Kingdom.
President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine said Iran’s admission is a “step in the right direction.”
He also demanded justice, insisting that those responsible should be immediately “held accountable.”
Several days ago, Iran dismissed “rumors” about shooting the aircraft but declined to share the recovered black boxes, saying they still have yet to study the data.
Protesters in Iran have since hit the streets to condemn the officials and to offer prayers for the victim.
Even netizens on social media have expressed outrage about the tragic act.
As one commenter summed it up, the “initial lie and the attempt to cover-up really makes the Iranian government look bad on this one”
Watch the video report here:
Finland’s Prime Minister Wants To Implement 6-Hour, 4-Day Work Shifts In The Country
The 34-year-old state leader has interesting things in mind for workers in Finland.
Finland's new prime Minister has some big things in mind for her country. For once, she has expressed the desire to shake things up in the work industry by implementing a 6-hour, 4-day workweek for all employees.
Pentagon Officials Say Ukrainian Plane Was ‘Shot Down’ By Iranian Missiles
It wasn’t a ‘technical malfunction,’ according to sources.
- The tragic crash of a Ukrainian passenger plane, which claimed 176 lives, was believed to have been caused by technical failure.
- However, new information suggests it may have been accidentally shot by missiles fired by Iran.
US Deploys 6 Nuclear-Capable B-52 Bombers Near Iran
According to an official, the bombers are ready for operations against Iran – once ordered.
- The United States Air Force has sent six b-52 bombers to the Diego Garcia base near Iran.
- Although the deployment does not mean automatically airstrikes against Iran, a US official has said that the aircrafts are ready to carry out military operations once they are ordered.
Like Us On Facebook
Woman Bakes Heart-Shaped Macarons, They Ended Up Looking Like Something Else
Helicopters Drop Food For Hungry Animals Who Survived Australian Wildfire
Sweet Filipina Woman Proposes To Her Boyfriend – And He Said Yes!
People are Outraged at Wendy Williams for Mocking Joaquin Phoenix’s “Cleft Lip”