An innocent child in China unknowingly disabled his mom’s beloved Apple gadget. A two-year-old boy from Shanghai accidentally locked his mother’s iPhone for the next 48 years after repeatedly entering the incorrect passcode. The child kept typing the wrong numbers until the phone was locked for more than 25 million minutes, or close to 48 years.
The iPhone can be set to increase its lockout time every time an incorrect passcode is entered, as part of its security features. It is uncertain, however, exactly how many times the child entered the incorrect digits to lock the iPhone for that long.
According to the mother, she left her child with the device, so he could watch some educational shows while she stepped out to run an errand.
The mother, identified only as Lu, was quoted as saying:
“I can’t wait for more than 40 years. In 40 years, I probably won’t be able to talk. Although I’ll probably joke to my grandchildren: ‘This is your dad’s fault.'”
The confused mother brought her locked device to an Apple store in Shanghai.
A technician had advised the woman to have the iPhone’s data wiped out and to then perform a factory reset. The technician named Wei Chunlong reportedly said that there have been reported cases of iPhones getting locked for as long as 80 years.
How that happened, we can’t be sure. But the mother did not want to lose her data, photos, and contacts, so she tried to wait it out, hoping the device would suddenly unlock itself. After two months of waiting, and unsurprisingly, the problem did not solve itself.
Online users commented on the news pointing out what they call a ‘design flaw’ in the Apple product. Some, on the other hand, talked about the mother allowing her very young child to use her electronic device.
Millions Of Dead Fish And Sea Creatures Washed Ashore After Storm Emma
Devastating scene of Storm Emma’s grisly aftermath.
Millions of sea creatures --mostly dead-- are just among the casualties of the powerful hurricane in Britain, Storm Emma. Shocking photos of the storm’s aftermath was released, showing marine wildlife, including starfish, lobsters, and razorfish, blanketing the shore of Fraisthorpe beach near Bridlington.
Strong gale force winds, coupled with big tides are believed to have resulted in the massive death toll. Many people came to the scene, carrying boxes and buckets to fill them up with the dead sea creatures.
Beaches on Britain's east coast were populated by dead sea creatures.
Man Buys $830 Smartphone Online But Shockingly Received Two Packets Of Wet Wipes Instead
The downside to online shopping ….
Online shopping has, undoubtedly, made shopping a more convenient experience. One of the downsides, however, is that you can't really judge the quality of the item physically before paying for it. And then there's also that harsh possibility of getting the wrong item after paying a lot for it.
That's exactly what happened to one man in Malaysia, who ordered a smartphone through the popular Southeast Asian online shop, Lazada. The man paid RM 3,219 (around $830) for the phone but he got the biggest surprise when he opened the box.
Imagine how someone would feel if this came with the box instead of a smartphone.
Quick-Thinking Father Saves Baby From Stupid Driver
What would you do to this driver if you were the father?
Thanks to a father’s quick reflexes, the life of his child has been saved from a road accident that could have ended tragically. The video below, taken by a surveillance camera, shows us the scary moment a driver of an Audi car swerved right through a pedestrian sidewalk, almost hitting the father and his baby – who is merely 3 months old.
A report posted by ReshareWorthy tells us that the incident happened in the city of Zagreb, the capital of Croatia. It definitely shows us the dangers of driving under the influence.