Finland’s new prime Minister has some big things in mind for her country. For once, she has expressed the desire to shake things up in the work industry by implementing a 6-hour, 4-day workweek for all employees.
At 34 years old, Sanna Marin isn’t only the youngest person in Finland’s history to serve as Prime Minister but also currently the world’s second youngest state leader (next only to Sebastian Kurz, 33, the chancellor of Austria) . According to her, the change would help people enjoy a greater quality of life outside the workplace.
Prime Minister Sanna Marin sees it as “the next step” for Finnish workers.
She pointed out:
“I believe people deserve to spend more time with their families, loved ones, hobbies and other aspects of life, such as culture. This could be the next step for us in working life.”
The idea has since gained a lot of attention, not only from local citizens but from netizens across the globe.
Shortly after the story went viral, the government of Finland took the time to issue a statement, clarifying that while the idea has indeed been mentioned by Marin before her election, it is not currently included in the official agenda.
The prime minister’s spokesperson also added that the concept is “more of a future vision and a potential future goal for the Social Democratic Party.”
So yes, while it may take a while before Marin’s plans actually become government policy, a lot of people are still hopeful that the reduced workload gets implemented in the country much sooner than later.
Experts have repeatedly warned against the dangers of overworking, as it may lead to serious physical and mental health issues.
Psychologist Bryan Robinson taught:
“In my mind, there is no question that work addiction is a compulsive disorder. It kills people. In Japan, they have a name for it: karoshi. It means death from overwork.”
Heather Shuck, author of the book ‘The Working Mom Manifesto’ also said:
“You will never feel truly satisfied by work until you are satisfied by life.”
Pentagon Officials Say Ukrainian Plane Was ‘Shot Down’ By Iranian Missiles
It wasn’t a ‘technical malfunction,’ according to sources.
- The tragic crash of a Ukrainian passenger plane, which claimed 176 lives, was believed to have been caused by technical failure.
- However, new information suggests it may have been accidentally shot by missiles fired by Iran.
US Deploys 6 Nuclear-Capable B-52 Bombers Near Iran
According to an official, the bombers are ready for operations against Iran – once ordered.
- The United States Air Force has sent six b-52 bombers to the Diego Garcia base near Iran.
- Although the deployment does not mean automatically airstrikes against Iran, a US official has said that the aircrafts are ready to carry out military operations once they are ordered.
Pope Francis Issues Apology After Slapping Woman’s Hand
Despite the apology, some people still believe the woman “deserved” the smack.
- Pope Francis of the Roman Catholic Church recently made headlines after slapping a woman's hand.
- The incident, which happened in St Peter's Square, Vatican City has sparked different comments both from believers and non-believers of the faith.
- The pontiff has since apologized about his act.
Like Us On Facebook
Woman Bakes Heart-Shaped Macarons, They Ended Up Looking Like Something Else
Helicopters Drop Food For Hungry Animals Who Survived Australian Wildfire
Sweet Filipina Woman Proposes To Her Boyfriend – And He Said Yes!
People are Outraged at Wendy Williams for Mocking Joaquin Phoenix’s “Cleft Lip”