What would you do if you found out you have eight step-siblings courtesy of your parents’ fertility doctor?
- Bonhoeffer, Dietrich (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 384 Pages - 09/01/1995 (Publication Date) - Touchstone (Publisher)
This was the shocking truth that Jacoba Ballard discovered when she tried to trace her roots. Jacoba matched with another donor child, Kristy Killion. Both their parents used the clinic of Indiana-based fertility doctor Donald Cline. Piqued by the circumstance, they decided to take a DNA test and became suspicious after discovering several other matches.
Dr. Cline's clinic
And then, another bit of shocking news came – they were genetically linked to the doctor’s own son!
- Gluten Free
- AMAZON #1 BEST SELLER - DOCTOR’S BEST HIGH ABSORPTION COQ10: Easy-to-absorb form of a key nutrient that powers and protects heart vitality, cardiovascular health and cellular energy*. CoQ10 also supplies antioxidant support to the heart, where it is naturally concentrated. Made of either bacterial or yeast fermentation
- STATIN DRUG USERS: CoQ10 levels in the heart and body may begin to naturally decline after age 40. The body’s ability to absorb CoQ10 decreases with age, whi¬¬le statin drugs for cholesterol may deplete the body’s CoQ10 levels. Made to be bioavailable, to quickly restore your body’s CoQ10 to ideal levels.
- ESSENTIAL FOR ENERGY PRODUCING: A coenzyme that helps energize cells and an antioxidant that helps protect cells.* CoQ10’s energizing antioxidant properties may enhance vitality across many body systems, supporting brain health, immune performance, skin health, exercise capacity, gum health and more.*
- FORMULATED WITH BIOPERINE: A natural black pepper extract, Doctor’s Best High-Absorption CoQ10 products are designed to help restore your body’s depleted CoQ10 stores quickly and efficiently. CoQ10 taken with BioPerine enhances nutrient absorption and bioavailability* Naturally fermented, pharmaceutical grade CoQ10 manufactured to high quality standards.
At this point, the stepsisters decided to clear the issue with the doctor himself, who in a face-to-face meeting with the two, confessed that he donated his own sperm about 50 times. According to the doctor, he felt pressured because he didn’t always have access to fresh sperm and that he felt he was helping the women realize their dreams of having a baby. Dr. Cline did not tell his patients he was using his own sperm; he told them the donors were medical students or residents.
Dr. Cline said he used his sperm because he didn't always have access to fresh sperm.
Because of the findings, Jacoba and Kristy filed complaints against Dr. Cline to the Indiana attorney general’s office. Dr. Cline has entered a not guilty plea to two accounts of obstruction of justice.
American Society for Reproductive Medicine spokesperson Eleanor Nicoll stated that “This kind of thing happens very rarely.”
Rare or not, this issue sure has breached ethical issues. What are your thoughts on this issue? Share your thoughts in the comments section.
Family Saves 3-Year-Old Boy Who Almost Died After Being Buried In Beach Sand
Kudos to these guys who helped save the poor boy.
If you’re a parent, losing sight of your child on a crowded beach can be the stuff of nightmares.
In an incident that recently happened on California’s Newport Beach, two women went in panic as they searched for a missing 3-year-old boy – and it almost ended in tragedy. Fortunately, quick-minded bystanders readily helped them search for their child.
Jesse Martin, 35, was at the beach and he immediately asked two of his twin uncles Steve and Stuart Frost, to join him in the search.
3-Year-Old and 5-Year Old Kids “Steal” Family Car So They Can Visit Grandma
Parents, be careful where you leave your car keys.
If you’re like most of us, the only time you may have committed crimes in your life was when you were playing the Grand Theft Auto games.
We’ll, we’ve all got nothing against these badass pint-sized crooks who stole a car and crashed it.
According to a report by the Federal Way Police Department in the state of Washington, two children – ages 5 years old and 3 years old –‘stole’ their family SUV and then crashed it into the side of a Volvo.
17 Strange Yet Innovative Inventions From Japan
Now I can’t decide if these are useful or just plain silly. LOL!
Japan has always been known for their innovative inventions. Besides, this is the country that gave us anime, instant noodles, Nintendo, pocket calculators, emojis and a whole lot more.
That said though, there also isn’t an absence of absurd, crazy creations in the country. Just check out the photo compilation below and you’ll immediately see what I mean.