People have been sending their entries to an open community project called “Take a photo of the Rembrandt type” since last December. The project’s feed on Vk.com had already received over 300 submissions featuring people recreating famous artworks.
The best part of this project is that anyone could be a part of it. In fact, you don’t have to be so serious in replicating these famous works of Classic Art or hire a professional photographer to take your snaps. Some entrants had a sense of humor in it but still managed to deliver what was needed.
Here are 25 times people tried to recreate famous artworks and nailed it.
1. The color scheme is identical to the original one.
2. The attention to detail is really great!
3. This is breathtaking.
4. Absolutely nailed it.
5 When a painting is brought to life.
6. When you finally realize that the cat in the painting exists in real life.
7. Looks like a poster for an upcoming play.
8. It seems that the painting was based on this girl.
9. I don’t see any difference here.
10. The use of the gauzy material was a great idea.
11. Bath time just got serious.
12. Such an amazing likeness.
13. Good thing they didn't actually cut him open.
14. For a minute I couldn't figure out which one was the painting!
15. The attention to detail is highly impressive.
16. Quite accurate.
17. Theatrically in the very best way!
18. Don't know which version is scarier.
19. The one of the right also looks like a painting.
20. Those deep eyes. So lovely.
21. Beautifully staged.
22. It would have been perfect, but the woman in the recreation has an actual elbow.
23. That's one fat cat
24. The right one paints with pizza.
25. Looks the same to me!
It’s equally charming to see children and adults alike throw themselves into some of the more complex compositions. And the best part is that anyone can do it, no painting skills necessary.
With just a bit of creativity and imagination, it’s incredible to see just how much we can engage with history, and have fun in the process.
Early School Enrollment Can Do More Harm Than Good, Warns Experts
“When children have educational experiences that are not geared to their developmental level, it can cause them great harm.”
While it is definitely important for parents to help their children develop a love for learning early on in their lives, signing them up for school too soon might actually do more harm than good.
According to Kerry McDonald, author of Liberty to Learn: Why Children Need Self-Directed Education, even enrolling a child a year in advance can potentially be a big deal.
We Only Have 10 Years To Save The Seas, Warns Experts
Or else, “life on earth will become impossible.”
Here's one news item we should all pay attention to - before it's too late. The Global Oceanic Environmental Survey (GOES) Foundation, a charity group based in Edinburgh, is warning the world about the gravity of our sea pollution problem.
Marine biologist Dr Howard Dryden, who's also the founder and chief scientific officer of the group, said that the world needs to take drastic action or we suffer the dire consequences - the "entire collapse of the entire marine ecosystem," he said.
The clock is ticking... In fact, we only have 10 years!
Parents Should Let Their Children Cry, Child Specialist Says
Rushing to pacify your child all the time can be unhealthy, according to this expert.
As parents, it is quite normal fo us to prioritize our children's well-being. For the most part, we want them to be happy and safe from different types of harm.
Sometimes, however, it's best to simply let them cry. According to an expert, there are instances when parents should allow their children to cry instead of immediately pacifying them and telling them to stop.