- Infectious diseases expert Zhang Wenhong recently said that coronavirus (COVID-19) could possibly last up to 2 years in Europe.
- Healthcare workers are currently getting overwhelmed with the increasing number of cases and deaths in Italy, Spain, and Germany.
- According to Zhang, extreme measures need to be taken if they hope to get the pandemic under control.
As the coronavirus pandemic continues to claim lives across the world, an expert from China has shared a grim prediction for Europe: they might be facing this problem for up to 2 years.
According to Zhang Wenhong, head of Shanghai’s COVID-19 clinical expert team and infectious diseases director for Fudan University’s Huashan Hospital, Europe’s battle is still far from over.
In a video conference, Zhang told his audience:
“It would be perfectly normal if the virus comes and goes, and lasts for one or two years. I can tell you now, forget the idea that the pandemic will come to an end in Europe in the near future.”
Zhang’s bad news comes amid the rising number of confirmed cases and deaths, particularly in Italy, Spain, and Germany.
As of March 27, Italy has reported a total of 80,589 cases and 8,215 fatalities. Spain, on the other hand, has 64,059 cases and have lost 4,858 lives. Both European countries have already surpassed China’s death toll of 3,292.
Meanwhile, Germany has 47,278 COVID-19 cases and 281 deaths.
The growing number of cases and deaths is currently overwhelming the health care system in these countries, as some health professionals are getting infected while medical equipment and supplies are now running low.
Zhang added that “extremely radical” measures had to be implemented if Europe wants to stop the crisis in a shorter amount of time. He believes the pandemic “could be stopped” if the entire world would only “stop moving for 4 weeks.”
“But I cannot imagine a total global suspension ever possibly happening. Not even in Germany or Europe,” he commented.
Watch this video report:
U.S. Justice Warns That People Spreading COVID-19 Could Be Charged As “Terrorists”
“Threats or attempts to use COVID-19 as a weapon against Americans will not be tolerated.”
- The United States Department of Justice warned people against blatant spreading of the dreaded coronavirus (COVID-19), noting that they could be charged as "terrorist."
- The American government also stressed that it will not tolerate any "threats" or "attempts" to use the coronavirus as a weapon against people.
- The authority also warned the public to be cautious over a wide range of "fraudulent and criminal" activities connected with the virus.
Our Modern Heroes: The Many Faces Of Health Workers Fighting Against Coronavirus
They end up with facial marks and bruises after working long hours while wearing goggles, masks, and suits.
- Healthcare workers around the globe have been sharing their photos, showing their bruises and tired faces after long hours of treating patients infected with coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Protective masks and goggles make deep marks and scars on their faces as serve for hours every day to assist their patients.
- They hope that through these photos, other people will be reminded to "stay at home" to help minimize the spread of the virus.
China to End Lockdown on Wuhan Starting April 8
Life is slowly returning back to normal in the epicenter of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Wuhan, the epicenter of the coronavirus epidemic, will soon ease restrictions after a 2-month lockdown.
- The government has officially announced that the lockdown will be lifted beginning April 8.
Like Us On Facebook
Shoplifter Gets Arrested After Wearing ‘I Pooped Today’ Shirt Twice
17-Year-Old Identified As Mastermind Behind Massive Twitter Attack That Hacked Accounts of Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, and Barack Obama
Filipino Community in Washington D.C. Demands “Barkada” Restaurant to Change Its Name Due to Cultural Appropriation
Archeologists Unearth Enormous 3,300-Year-Old Prehistoric Bird Claw, and People Have Varying Opinions About What to Do With It
- Interesting4 days ago
Video of a Vlogger Doing Nothing for 2 Hours Easily Got 1.6 Million Views
- News5 days ago
Alabama and Florida Residents Report Receiving Mysterious Seed Packets from China
- OMG5 days ago
Doctors Remove Live Worm From Woman’s Tonsil After Eating Sashimi
- News7 days ago
Vietnam To Evacuate 80,000 People After 3 Residents Test Positive of Coronavirus