- Infectious diseases expert Zhang Wenhong recently said that coronavirus (COVID-19) could possibly last up to 2 years in Europe.
- Healthcare workers are currently getting overwhelmed with the increasing number of cases and deaths in Italy, Spain, and Germany.
- According to Zhang, extreme measures need to be taken if they hope to get the pandemic under control.
As the coronavirus pandemic continues to claim lives across the world, an expert from China has shared a grim prediction for Europe: they might be facing this problem for up to 2 years.
According to Zhang Wenhong, head of Shanghai’s COVID-19 clinical expert team and infectious diseases director for Fudan University’s Huashan Hospital, Europe’s battle is still far from over.
In a video conference, Zhang told his audience:
“It would be perfectly normal if the virus comes and goes, and lasts for one or two years. I can tell you now, forget the idea that the pandemic will come to an end in Europe in the near future.”
Zhang’s bad news comes amid the rising number of confirmed cases and deaths, particularly in Italy, Spain, and Germany.
As of March 27, Italy has reported a total of 80,589 cases and 8,215 fatalities. Spain, on the other hand, has 64,059 cases and have lost 4,858 lives. Both European countries have already surpassed China’s death toll of 3,292.
Meanwhile, Germany has 47,278 COVID-19 cases and 281 deaths.
The growing number of cases and deaths is currently overwhelming the health care system in these countries, as some health professionals are getting infected while medical equipment and supplies are now running low.
Zhang added that “extremely radical” measures had to be implemented if Europe wants to stop the crisis in a shorter amount of time. He believes the pandemic “could be stopped” if the entire world would only “stop moving for 4 weeks.”
“But I cannot imagine a total global suspension ever possibly happening. Not even in Germany or Europe,” he commented.
Watch this video report:
U.S. Justice Warns That People Spreading COVID-19 Could Be Charged As “Terrorists”
“Threats or attempts to use COVID-19 as a weapon against Americans will not be tolerated.”
- The United States Department of Justice warned people against blatant spreading of the dreaded coronavirus (COVID-19), noting that they could be charged as "terrorist."
- The American government also stressed that it will not tolerate any "threats" or "attempts" to use the coronavirus as a weapon against people.
- The authority also warned the public to be cautious over a wide range of "fraudulent and criminal" activities connected with the virus.
Our Modern Heroes: The Many Faces Of Health Workers Fighting Against Coronavirus
They end up with facial marks and bruises after working long hours while wearing goggles, masks, and suits.
- Healthcare workers around the globe have been sharing their photos, showing their bruises and tired faces after long hours of treating patients infected with coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Protective masks and goggles make deep marks and scars on their faces as serve for hours every day to assist their patients.
- They hope that through these photos, other people will be reminded to "stay at home" to help minimize the spread of the virus.
China to End Lockdown on Wuhan Starting April 8
Life is slowly returning back to normal in the epicenter of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Wuhan, the epicenter of the coronavirus epidemic, will soon ease restrictions after a 2-month lockdown.
- The government has officially announced that the lockdown will be lifted beginning April 8.
Like Us On Facebook
Japan’s Copper Fiber Face Mask Can Destroy COVID-19 Particles in 4 Hours
Russia Declares State of Emergency After 20,000 Tons of Oil Spill in Arctic Circle
George Floyd Tested Positive For COVID-19, Autopsy Report Says
Netizens Are Outraged With TikTok’s “George Floyd Challenge”
- Interesting5 days ago
Formation of Clouds That Seem to Spell “LOVE” Goes Viral
- OMG5 days ago
Chinese Social Media Stars Shock Internet After Unedited Photos Get Leaked Online
- Inspiring5 days ago
Dad Reviews His Daughter’s ‘Restaurant’ And It’s Both Funny and Heartwarming
- News6 days ago
Minneapolis Rioters Play Audio From The Purge: “Any And All Crime Will Be Legal For 12 Continuous Hours”