- Spain’s coronavirus death toll has surpassed China, with more than 4,300 fatalities.
- The country has also reported having more than 8,000 new COVID-19 cases in one day.
As the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to wreak havoc across the globe, we are, unfortunately, seeing more and more lives claimed by the minute. According to the latest reports, Spain has now surpassed China in terms of death toll.
This officially makes Spain the second hardest hit country in the world, next to Italy, as healthcare workers struggle to curb the spread of the virus. And it looks like the numbers will keep on increasing.
Spain has reported more than 8,000 new COVID-19 cases in a single day.
As of March 27, the country has recorded 8,271 individuals getting ill with the dreaded disease in one day. Overall, they have a total number of 57,786 confirmed cases.
As for their death toll, Spain now has lost 4,365 COVID-19 patients, overtaking China’s 3,292. Meanwhile, Italy remains the world’s hardest-hit country with 8,215 fatalities.
Because of this, the national lockdown period had to be extended.
The parliament of Spain has since agreed to extend the state of emergency, which means the implemented nationwide lockdown will be extended by two more weeks in the hopes of containing the crisis.
The frontliners make a significant number in the country’s confirmed cases.
Fernando Simon, Spain’s health emergency chief, has earlier told the media that almost 4,000 health workers have contracted the virus.
Simon also reminded the public to stay indoors as much as possible so as not to worsen the problem.
He told the media:
“On several occasions it has been said that the peak [of the epidemic] could be reached this week. Reaching the peak does not involve having controlled the problem, it means that you have to redouble your efforts not to take a step backwards.”
Watch this BBC News report:
U.S. Justice Warns That People Spreading COVID-19 Could Be Charged As “Terrorists”
“Threats or attempts to use COVID-19 as a weapon against Americans will not be tolerated.”
- The United States Department of Justice warned people against blatant spreading of the dreaded coronavirus (COVID-19), noting that they could be charged as "terrorist."
- The American government also stressed that it will not tolerate any "threats" or "attempts" to use the coronavirus as a weapon against people.
- The authority also warned the public to be cautious over a wide range of "fraudulent and criminal" activities connected with the virus.
Our Modern Heroes: The Many Faces Of Health Workers Fighting Against Coronavirus
They end up with facial marks and bruises after working long hours while wearing goggles, masks, and suits.
- Healthcare workers around the globe have been sharing their photos, showing their bruises and tired faces after long hours of treating patients infected with coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Protective masks and goggles make deep marks and scars on their faces as serve for hours every day to assist their patients.
- They hope that through these photos, other people will be reminded to "stay at home" to help minimize the spread of the virus.
China to End Lockdown on Wuhan Starting April 8
Life is slowly returning back to normal in the epicenter of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Wuhan, the epicenter of the coronavirus epidemic, will soon ease restrictions after a 2-month lockdown.
- The government has officially announced that the lockdown will be lifted beginning April 8.
Like Us On Facebook
Filipino Community in Washington D.C. Demands For Restaurant Named “Barkada” to Change Its Name Due to Cultural Appropriation
Archeologists Unearthed an Enormous 3,300-Year-Old Prehistoric Bird Claw, and People Have Varying Opinions About What to Do With It.
Instagram Mom Gets Bashed For Wearing Expensive Outfits While Only Buying Cheap Clothes For Her Kids
Why People Often Say “Bless You” When Someone Sneezes
- Sci/Tech7 days ago
12-Year-Old Girl Wins $20,000 For Inventing Device That Helps Prevent Baby Deaths In Cars
- Interesting4 days ago
Video of a Vlogger Doing Nothing for 2 Hours Easily Got 1.6 Million Views
- People7 days ago
Devoted Son Climbs Hospital Building To Watch Over His Dying Mother Every Night
- News5 days ago
Alabama and Florida Residents Report Receiving Mysterious Seed Packets from China