- Eric Pickersgill, a professional artist and photographer, has created an interesting photo series he called ‘Removed.’
- In the sasid series, he explores the irony of people being physically present with loved ones but being too occupied with technology at the same time.
- The photos show the models posing as if they are using a smartphone – but without holding actual mobile devices.
The smartphone is definitely one of the most important inventions of our time. The technology has not only allowed us to communicate with our loved ones faster but has even made it possible for all of us to search information online, watch movies, play games, take photos and videos, and much, much more.
Like most technologies, however, mobile devices also has its disadvantages. We’ve all heard about the dangers of smartphone addiction which can affect both the young and the old in many different ways. If used improperly, these devices can surely be a distraction from the things – or people – that matter most.
In an interesting photo series he posted online, artist and photographer Eric Pickersgill has shown us what we, humans, look like when we’re too busy with our phones. The twist here, of course, is that he actually removed the phones from the pictures.
According to Pickersgill, he came up with the idea for the series after observing a family of four in a New York cafe where the father and the two daughters were extremely busy with their phones. Meanwhile the mom, who didn’t have a device, looked “sad and alone” while she was with them.
There is indeed an “addictive force that promotes the splitting of attention between those who are physically with you and those who are not,” he described.
Pickersgill eventually decided to recreate that moment in a series and called it ‘Removed’ to illustrate his point.
Go check out some of the images here:
You can also watch this video feature:
For further information about the project or to see more of Pickersgill’s photos, you may visit the Removed’s official website.
Artist Guy Goes On Epic Hilarious Adventures With Disney Characters
This guy ‘hangs out’ with classic and modern Disney characters in the coolest way possible.
Ever wondered what it's like to hang out with your favorite animated characters? Let's admit it: we've all fantasized about that when we were kids.
Giant Skull Chair Is Perfect For Halloween – Or For Fans of Creepy Stuff!
I need this chair in my life!
- ChicsInDesign's giant skull chair looks like the perfect chair for horror movie fans or simply people who love Halloween.
- The comfy chair is a beanbag with intricately spooky design.
- The mouth opens and closes, allowing you to sit and relax in an entirely creepy way.
Chicago Bulls’ Logo Is NSFW When Flipped Upside Down
The logo is hiding a naughty secret, claims a Reddit user.
- A Reddit user under the handle Cvoony recently went viral after sharing a weird observation about the Chicago Bulls logo. According to the post, the logo is actually NSFW as it depicts a robot and a crab doing something naughty. So far, reactions from netizens have mostly been mixed.