- Dr. Maitiu O Tuathail has been asked by numerous patients if wearing a mask can have an effect on a person’s intake of oxygen.
- He posted a 70-second video where he can be seen standing next to an oxygen meter. He then puts on six masks, one after the other to do an eye-opening demonstration.
- According to a recent analysis, countries where wearing masks is common have considerable smaller outbreaks compared to countries where wearing masks is not the norm.
Despite the ravaging effects that can come to those unlucky enough to be severely affected by Covid-19, lots of people still don’t take it seriously and refuse to wear face masks. They have so many excuses, one of which is that the wearing the mask can lower one’s oxygen levels.
Dr. Maitiu O Tuathail, a general practitioner in Dublin, Ireland, has been asked by numerous patients if wearing a mask can indeed have an effect on a person’s intake of oxygen. This made him realize that a lot of people are still misinformed and thus decided to clear the facts publicly.
On his Twitter profile, Tuathail posted a 70-second video where he stands next to a oxygen meter.
In his demonstration, he proceeded to wear six disposable face masks, one after the other.
The monitor beside him, which shows the oxygen saturation levels in his blood, displayed that his levels remained steady despite having many coverings on his face.
The oxygen saturation level fluctuates just slightly, between 98 and 99 percent.
The doctor is aiming to debunk the myth that wearing masks can lower oxygen levels, a myth which is becoming popular these days as it is being spread by people who simply cannot comprehend the importance of wearing face masks.
Clearly, wearing masks is effective in reducing the risks of getting infected with the coronavirus. According to a recent analysis published in the American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine (AJRCCM), countries where wearing masks is common, including Japan and China, have considerably smaller outbreaks compared to countries were wearing masks isn’t the norm.
Also, a model from the University of Washington predicted that “the U.S. could prevent as many as 33,000 coronavirus deaths by October if 95% of the population wore face masks in public.”
Tuathail got great responses on Twitter as people shared that wearing masks is not really comfortable but is truly needed on our current situation.
These matches the rhetorical question posed by the researchers from the AJRCCM: “Is it not better to adopt a possibly imperfect protective measure, rather than waiting for more evidence at the expense of human lives?”
Oxford-AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 Vaccine Shows Encouraging Results, According To Scientists
Millions of doses could be ready by the end of the year.
- The coronavirus vaccine by The University of Oxford and drug manufacturer AstraZeneca has shown promising results during human trials.
- The World Health Organization has likewise mentioned the vaccine's development is "good news," although they were quick to add that much work remains to be done.
- Further trials are needed but if things go as planned, millions of doses will be available for the public by the end of 2020.
How One Woman In China Infected 71 People With COVID-19 After A Single Elevator Trip
Researchers believe she was “an asymptomatic carrier.”
- An asymptomatic COVID-19 carrier in China has infected 71 people after a single elevator trip.
- Several of her neighbors caught the virus and it eventually spread in the community, infecting even medical professionals in two hospitals.
First COVID-19 Vaccine Tested In U.S. Ready For Final Testing
The July 27 clinical testing will involve 30,000 volunteers; the world’s largest study for a potential COVID-19 cure, so far.
- The laboratory testing of a potential COVID-19 vaccine is now on its final leg of trial in the United States.
- During the clinical testing with 45 individuals, scientists reported that the vaccine did boost people's immune system.
- The final and most important step will be taken on July 27 when 30,000 volunteers will be injected with the potential cure.
Like Us On Facebook
New Snapchat Filter Transforms Your Dogs Into Disney Characters
Nurse Evicted from Boarding House After Telling Landlady She Has Covid-19
90-Year-Old Grandfather Came Out as Gay During the Pandemic
Devoted Husband Succumbs to Coronavirus After Visiting Wife on Deathbed
- News6 days ago
Beirut Ignored Public Warning There Was A Russian ‘Bomb’ At The Port
- News6 days ago
43 Days of Monsoon Rain Devastate South Korea with Deadly Floods and Over 200 Landslides
- Art5 days ago
‘John Wick 5’ Confirmed, Will Be Filmed Back-to-Back With 4th Movie
- History5 days ago
Tasaday Stone Age Tribe: A Philippines Savage Hoax That Fooled The World