Dining rooms come in different sizes and designs. In case you are far from satisfied with what you have at home, you may really don’t have to spend big bucks to give it a major makeover.
Imgur user MidnightXII proved exactly that.
In the photos he posted on the said image-sharing site, he showed how he managed to transform a simple dining room into an awesome one. Not only did he successfully improve the space but the room itself also looked much better. What’s most impressive about the entire project though is the fact that he used inexpensive materials to renovate the room.
Here’s how he did it:
1. This was how the dining room looked like. The hand-me-down set clearly didn’t match the space.
2. Imgurian MidnightXII began the project by getting rid of the 6-seater set.
3. He then began building benches on the wall.
4. Next, he attached vertical and horizontal supports.
5. He then created a second set of bench…
6… And a third one as well! He used plywood for the seats.
7. Foam was installed on the benches to make them comfy.
8. For seat cover, he used waterproof outdoor fabric – making it easy to clean up spills in the future.
9. He then stapled the fabric to the benches.
10. For the bench facing, bead board was used.
11. He also left a hole for the AC vent.
12. The vent covers up mistakes in the cut of the hole.
13. Using an electric nail gun, he then attached trimmings.
14. White paint was used for the bead board.
15. And here’s the custom-built table.
16. Several throw pillows and table setting made the room look much livelier and more spacious. It can now fit 12 to 15 people.
The Most Amazing Tree House Is Built in the Most Surprising Location
This tree house was installed in the most unlikely of locations. Care to guess where?
Feeling the urge to go on a safari to South Africa but don't exactly have enough time or resources to do so? If you happen to be in London for a vacation, or simply a Londoner just wanting to scratch off that safari trip on your bucket list, just head to London's Southbank.
The lucky winner gets an overnight stay in this treehouse.
Virgin Holidays built a 35-foot South African tree house that overlooks the river Thames. Lucky Londoners who happen to be in the area just need to drop by central London to view the awesome tree house. The catch: the installation was only available for a week and it would be a real bummer if people missed this amazing and jaw dropping sight. ...
15 Ingenious Hacks Using Binder Clips That Can Change Your Life
I never thought of using binder clips that way!
Sometimes we tend to overlook the importance of everyday things, simply because they're just lying around the house or the office. Take the case of the nondescript binder clip. Also called the bulldog clip, binder clips are typically used to gather or organize important documents or papers at home or in the office. But did you know that you can use it in many other ways?
From being a phone stand or cable organizer to a sponge stand and razor cover, binder clips can be a household essential too. By simply bending it different ways and removing its handles, the simple binder clip transforms into an all-around household wonder.
Watch the video below and see these innovative hacks for yourself:
Designer Moves Into Tiny Space and Creates Mind-Blowing Mini-Home
Can you live comfortably in a shoe box? This man proves you can…
The world is slowly shrinking into a pinprick of what was once sprawling, open expanses, and with the shrinkage comes the difficulty of finding adequate living space to cope with surviving in the rat race of today's modern life.
Most metropolitan cities are particularly challenging to live in, especially with homes, apartments, and condominiums becoming rarer commodities by the year.
One designer discovered a miniscule 18th century hole-in-the-wall space that had been abandoned a long time ago, and created an ultra-comfortable dwelling in the middle of bustling Rome....