- A smartphone thief was found in General Santos City, Philippines after the police conducted a Cinderella-style investigation.
- The crook left one of his rubber slippers at the victim’s house as he ran away and it was later used as evidence against him.
We all grew up with Disney movies and perhaps one of the most popular among them all is Cinderella’s story. She was cruelly treated by her step mother and step sisters after her father died. As luck would have it, her magical Fairy Godmother changes her life for the better and leads her to the Prince, the love of her life who later confirmed her true identity when she accidentally left her glass slippers at a palace ball after she ran away.
A lovely little fairy tale, isnt it? Well who would’ve guessed that the plot could someday be used in a criminal investigation that would lead authorities to finding the culprit behind an attempted theft.
Life imitating art, maybe?
This recently happened in General Santos, a city in the southern part of the Philippines where the police eventually managed to track someone who tried stealing a smartphone.
In a September 15 report by GMA News, we read that “the suspect entered a house and was seen carrying the victim’s cellphone.”
The victim screamed for help and so he rushed away from the scene, inadvertently leaving behind one of his red rubber slippers.
Apparently, the man was a resident from the next street and a witness helped the cops find him. When they found him at his house, he was only wearing a single slipper.
As you can probably tell by now, the police “let him wear the slipper that was left in the house of the victim” and yes, they immediately discovered that it was indeed “a perfect fit,” wrote GMA.
Watch the video report here:
The culprit eventually ended up in bars. So no, its not a “happily ever after” for him!
Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards Announces Finalists – And They’re Truly Hilarious!
Nature can be extremely funny!
- The comedy Wildlife Photography Awards has revealed the finalists for their 2020 competition.
- According to Tom Sullam, one of the founders, they ended up choosing 44 - instead of the usual 40 - because this year's entries were just so good.
‘Stop Having These Stupid Parties’ Says Blogger Who Popularized Gender Reveals After Latest Massive Wildfire
Some people just go over the top.
- Jenna Myers Karvunidis, who invented gender reveal parties, tells people to stop after the latest wildfire in San Bernardino County.
- These parties have evolved from the traditional cake slicing to using extreme tricks to create more drama for the reveal.
- Wildfires, millions worth of damages, and at least one death occurred as a result. Now Karvunidis is condemning these excessive celebrations.
Guy Gives His Pet Cats Cartoony Facial Expressions Using Cute Cut Outs
Cats just became more adorable than ever!
- Cat owner Adrian recently made waves online after sharing the adorable photos of his pets Atlas and CleoCatra.
- In a BoredPanda feature, we learn that Adrian got inspired to give his kitties their own cartoony eyes and mouths after seeing masks with different facial expressions.
World’s First Happiness Museum Opens in Denmark
Why Nevada’s U.S. Route 50 Is Called “The Loneliest Road In America”
Simple and Easy: How to Make a Self-Watering Planter
Stranded American Backpacker Adopted by Family in a Remote Village
The Chocolate Hills of Bohol, a Fascinating Geological Formation
Australian Woman Finds Around 20 Venomous Spiders On Her Swimming Pool
Torre Scola, a Fortress at Sea in La Spezia, Italy
The Lençóis Maranhenses National Park in Brazil