- According to a DailyMail correspondent, several markets in China have again started selling exotic animals.
- This is despite the Chinese government’s call to ban wildlife consumption and trade.
- Coronavirus is believed to have originated in the wildlife market of Wuhan.
As the world continues to struggle with the coronavirus pandemic, it looks like China has been winning the war against the disease. Case in point, the country is now getting fewer new cases of infections and more areas have been relaxing travel restrictions.
Things seem to be going back to normal but unfortunately, it looks like even the exotic market is returning to operations. This is despite the fact that the virus, which has since forced countries to declare strict lockdowns, has originated in Wuhan – and many believe it’s all because of the illegal wildlife trade.
It’s business as usual for sellers of animals in south China.
The photos, which has secretly been taken by a DailyMail correspondent last March 28, shows us that markets in Guilin and Dongguan are again selling animals for meat and medicine purposes.
According to the anonymous reporter:
“Everyone here believes the outbreak is over and there’s nothing to worry about any more. It’s just a foreign problem now as far as they are concerned.”
“The only difference is that security guards try to stop anyone taking pictures which would never have happened before,” added the correspondent, who also said that bats, cats, dogs, and scorpions, among others, are again sold to customers in the said areas.
It should, of course, be remembered that Chinese authorities have previously declared a ban on consumption and trade of wild animals soon after the coronavirus started spreading in the country.
Some studies even pointed out that endangered pangolins, which are being sold as exotic delicacy and medicine, may be the source of the virus.
The World Wildlife Fund (WWF) eventually issued a statement about it, saying:
“This health crisis must serve as a wake-up call for the need to end unsustainable use of endangered animals and their parts, as exotic pets, for food consumption and for their perceived medicinal value.”
Watch this video report about the coronavirus and China’s exotic wet market:
Protesters in Mexico Block Americans From Crossing the Border to Prevent Coronavirus Spread
They want anyone crossing the border to be tested negative of the virus first.
- Mask-wearing protesters are waving signs that say "Stay At Home."
- Mexico has 585 cases while the U.S. has more than 97,000.
- Authorities in Mexico, including the President, are not taking the threat of the virus seriously.
Not Wearing Mask Is A “Big Mistake,” Chinese Expert Says
“The big mistake in the U.S. and Europe, in my opinion, is that people aren’t wearing masks.”
- The Science Magazine publication shared a transcript of interview with Chinese biochemist and Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention chief George Gao.
- Gao answered questions about what other countries can learn from the way China dealt with the coronavirus.
- Gao stressed wearing mask and social distancing are among the most essential strategies to control any infectious diseases.
4,500 Retired British Doctors And Nurses Sign Up To Fight Against COVID-19
Hats off to these heroes!
- UK Health Secretary Matt Hancock announced that 4,500 retired doctors and nurses signed-up to assist patients infected by the dreaded coronavirus (COVID-19).
- He said in just 48 hours after his plea, 4,000 nurses and 500 doctors have signed up to render again their services.
- Hancock continues to call on all retired medical professionals to return to National Health Service (NHS) as the United Kingdom continues to need more doctors and nurses in combating the spread of the deadly virus.
Like Us On Facebook
Japan’s Copper Fiber Face Mask Can Destroy COVID-19 Particles in 4 Hours
Russia Declares State of Emergency After 20,000 Tons of Oil Spill in Arctic Circle
George Floyd Tested Positive For COVID-19, Autopsy Report Says
Netizens Are Outraged With TikTok’s “George Floyd Challenge”
- Interesting5 days ago
Formation of Clouds That Seem to Spell “LOVE” Goes Viral
- OMG5 days ago
Chinese Social Media Stars Shock Internet After Unedited Photos Get Leaked Online
- Inspiring5 days ago
Dad Reviews His Daughter’s ‘Restaurant’ And It’s Both Funny and Heartwarming
- News6 days ago
Minneapolis Rioters Play Audio From The Purge: “Any And All Crime Will Be Legal For 12 Continuous Hours”