- A video taken in Boracay, Philippines shows a Chinese woman burying a diaper in the white sand.
- Meanwhile, her companion washed the child in the water.
- The said video went viral and Boracay eventually had to be closed for clean-up operations.
The small island of Boracay is one of the most popular tourist spots in the Philippines. So it’s no surprise that the place attracts numerous visitors year in and year out.
Recently, however, one such tourist did something so disgusting that the a portion of the beach had to be closed for clean-up. Apparently, a Chinese woman was captured on video burying a diaper in the white sand while another woman was seen washing her child’s butt on the waters.
Why would anyone do this at a public place – and a beautiful beach, at that?
According to reports, the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) has confirmed that authorities indeed closed the place for a time in order to conduct cleaning operations because of the incident. The diaper was eventually recovered and was disposed immediately.
Along with the temporary closure, a coliform test was also done to check the island’s waters. Fortunately, the water samples “showed safe levels,” according to DENR.
As of this writing, the woman and her companion’s identities remain unknown.
DENR Undersecretary Benny D. Antiporda also mentioned that the two women have, so far, not yet been identified because the video “wasn’t able to clearly capture them.”
Still, it’s clear that the foreigners violated Boracay’s environmental laws and Bernadette Romulo-Puyat, Secretary of the Department of Tourism (DOT) promised that they will work with locals and tour coordinators to find the women so they can be punished accordingly.
Watch the video here:
Not surprisingly, the incident has sparked outrage among netizens and many took the time to share their thoughts on social media.
For example, one angry commenter wrote:
“That is really disgusting. I’m sure there are bins.”
Another pointed out:
“She is causing infection and contaminating the beach….she must be fined heavily.”
Instagram Influencers Bashed For Using Holy Water At Bali Temple As Bidet
Locals and netizens condemned the pair for the “disgusting behavior.”
- Instagram couple Sabina Dolezalova and Zdenek Slouka recently sparked controversy after a video went viral showing Zdenek washing Sabina's butt with holy water while they were at a Bali temple.
- Locals and netizens bashed the couple for the inappropriate behavior. The pair has since issued an apology and have promised to set things right.
Government Office Turns Away Woman Born Without Legs For Wearing Shorts
“How can I wear long pants? What can they not understand?”
- Nancy Torrelino Boroc of Calbayog, Samar was barred from entering the Bureau of Internal Revenue office.
- The security guard told her wearing shorts isn't allowed there and she has to comply - even if she was born without legs.
- Nancy later shared about the bizarre experience on Facebook and it went viral from there.
Clever Duck Helps Little Boy Retrieve Lost Slipper
The heroic duck refused to give up until the slipper was returned to its owner!
- A clever duck proved that it is just as smart as any dog when it helped a little boy retrieve his lost slipper.
- The white duck struggled to collect the slipper that had fallen down a ravine.
- Nevertheless, it continued trying to pick up the slipper and return it to its worried owner.