Connect with us


California Man Posted He Regrets Attending A Party, Dies of COVID-19 The Next Day




  • Thomas Macias contracted the coronavirus after attending a party in California.
  • His friend, who also went to the same party, called him to say he tested positive of COVID-19.
  • Macias later posted on Facebook sharing how he regretted going to the party. He died the next day.

At the height of the COVID-19 pandemic, Thomas Macias of California has been extremely careful, simply staying at home for the past three months. However, he eventually decided to attend a party near his home and it led him to contracting the deadly virus.

As we all know, it only takes one asymptomatic person to infect others and that’s exactly what happened here. Apparently, one of Macias’ friends later admitted that “he was aware” that he has been diagnosed of coronavirus before the party but went anyway, thinking he wouldn’t infect anyone.

Macias then posted on his Facebook account about testing positive of the disease and expressed how he regretted going to the said gathering.

“Because of my stupidity I put my mom and sisters and my family’s health in jeopardy. This has been a very painful experience,” Macias wrote. “This is no joke. If you have to go out wear a mask and practice social distancing.”.

Macias’ brother-in-law Gustavo Lopez said that he was always very careful on going out during the pandemic. He said Macias was aware that being obese and diabetic made him at risk of the novel virus.

Macias only stayed home from late March through early June

Lopez added that Macias only went out to go to the grocery.

However, Macias was “incredibly social” and admitted that he felt isolated. So when California Governor Gavin Newson started relaxing the restrictions, he attended a barbecue party because he “was missing his friends and his family,” Lopez told NBC.

Macias’ asymptomatic friend eventually encouraged all the party attendees to get tested. As of posting time, there were more than a dozen who tested positive of the virus.

Macias was tested for COVID-19 five days after his visit to his sister and received the positive diagnosis two days later. He posted a Facebook post imploring people to wear mask and take the virus seriously.

After a couple of days, Macias was rushed to the hospital and was put on a ventilator at 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. He died at 9 p.m.

“I think what he wanted people to know, this is a real thing. It’s serious, and it kills people,” Lopez said.

View Comments