Connect with us

OMG

4-Year-Old Boy Swallows Small Battery. Fortunately, His Grandmother Saved Him.

Posted

(

)

A A A

The ironic thing about batteries is that while people are often encouraged to keep them out of children’s reach, they are all too often found in the toys of youngsters.

Recently, a 4-year-old boy named Hunter was taken to the Dayton Children’s Hospital in Ohio after he swallowed a small battery. The curious child played with the coin-shaped battery and put it inside his mouth.

Afterwards, he approached his grandmother and told her about it.

Rebecca Roberts quickly took 4-year-old Hunter to the hospital after he swallowed a button battery.

Rebecca Roberts quickly took Hunter, her grandson, to the hospital after he confessed he swallowed a button battery.

Source: Fox 45

Fortunately, the alert grandmother immediately brought the boy to the hospital and the doctors quickly removed the battery from his windpipe before it did any serious damage.

You can watch the video report here:

Like Logo on Facebook

As you’ve just seen on the report, an ingested battery can damage a slice of meat in just two hours.

Signs and Symptoms of Battery Ingestion

Signs and Symptoms of Battery Ingestion

Source: USA Today

According to the KidsHealth website:

“If a child swallows a button battery and it becomes lodged in the esophagus, the battery can react with saliva (spit) and cause serious damage in as little as 2 hours.

If you find a toy or device with a battery missing or you suspect your child might have swallowed a battery, look for these symptoms:

Nausea and vomiting
Fever
Coughing
Abdominal pain
Breathing problems
Diarrhea
Discolored or bloody stool (poop)
Irritability
Throat pain
Refusal to eat or drink

If you see any of these symptoms, quickly take your child to the nearest hospital or call 911. Do not try to induce vomiting and do not let the child eat or drink.

This is really something that parents should be aware about.

View Comments




Popular