- Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates has recently been asked about COVID-19 during an online “TED Connect” program.
- Gates discussed how slow the United States was in imposing a social-distancing order and in preventing the entrance of the virus.
During an online “TED Connect” program, Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates recently said that the United States missed the opportunity to control the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) because the country was not fast enough to impose mandatory shutdowns. Currently, U.S. is battling against the spread of Coronavirus, with 142,178 confirmed cases and 2,484 fatalities
Gates stressed that the U.S. should have imposed aggressive precautionary measures as early as January, when the coronavirus broke out in Wuhan, China, the origin of the deadly virus.
“The U.S. is past this opportunity to control (COVID-19) without shutdown. We did not act fast enough to have an ability to avoid the shutdown,” Gates said over rge online TED Connects program.
Apparently, officials only imposed a social-distancing order when cases of confirmed COVID-19 already reached 46,500. States including California, New York City, and Washington, D.C. have so far ordered the temporary shutdown of all non-essential establishments. This resulted in the increase of unemployment rates and markets are “hitting multiyear lows”.
Recently, President Donald Trump announced that he plans to order businesses to resume operations after Easter Sunday or on April 12, to prevent the negative economic impact. Other officials and health experts have criticized his pronouncement, explaining that the move may overwhelm the country’s healthcare system and may lead to more deaths.
Gates agreed that while social distancing order will be “disastrous for the economy,” he likewise stressed that “there is no middle ground” at this time. He suggested that the temporary shutdown should be done from 6 to 10 weeks to prevent virus spread.
“It’s very tough to say to people, ‘Hey keep going to restaurants, go buy new houses, ignore that pile of bodies over in the corner, we want you to keep spending because there’s some politicians that thinks GDP growth is what counts,” Gates said.
Gates also suggested that the Trump administration should increase its efforts in coronavirus testing and offer the services to those who really need them the most.
Mass testing should be organized, prioritized, and the call is “super urgent,” Gates emphasized.
Watch Bill Gate’s prediction about a pandemic years ago:
“If anything kills over 10 million people in the next few decades, it’s most likely to be a highly infectious virus rather than a war,” Bill Gates said during his Ted Talk presentation on April 3, 2015.
Spanish Princess Becomes The First Royal To Die From COVID-19
Rest in peace, Red Princess…
- Spanish Princess Maria Teresa of Bourbon-Parma recently died from coronavirus (COVID-19), according to an official announcement by her family.
- She died last March 26, 2020 in Paris. She was 86 years old.
- Princess Maria Teresa was the third royal victim of the dreaded disease, after Prince Charles of Wales also tested positive of the virus.
China Sells ‘Faulty’ COVID-19 Test Kits to Spain and Czech Republic
According to Spain, the testing kits only had an accuracy rate of 30%.
- Spanish health authorities have announced they will return coronavirus test kits they purchased from China after they presented only 30% accuracy rate.
- The Chinese government was quick to deny the accusation and clarified that the 340,000 test kits that Spain purchased were from an unlicensed provider Shenzhen Bioeasy Biotechnology.
- Czech Republic also found that 80% of coronavirus test kits from China presented faulty results.
The World Has A New Pollution Problem: Improperly-Disposed Face Masks!
“That some masks could have been used by infected people adds an especially worrying threat.”
- The world is facing a new environmental problem as some people are irresponsibly-disposing their face masks.
- Environmental groups have warned that this can be dangerous for marine life.
- Meanwhile, experts have also explained that masks worn by COVID-19-infected individuals can pose a health threat to the public.
Like Us On Facebook
Instagram Mom Gets Bashed For Wearing Expensive Outfits While Only Buying Cheap Clothes For Her Kids
Why People Often Say “Bless You” When Someone Sneezes
Thousands March in Berlin to Protest Germany’s COVID-19 Restrictions
Rescue Cat Captivates Instagram With His Uniquely Colored Eyes
- Sci/Tech7 days ago
12-Year-Old Girl Wins $20,000 For Inventing Device That Helps Prevent Baby Deaths In Cars
- Interesting4 days ago
Video of a Vlogger Doing Nothing for 2 Hours Easily Got 1.6 Million Views
- People7 days ago
Devoted Son Climbs Hospital Building To Watch Over His Dying Mother Every Night
- News5 days ago
Alabama and Florida Residents Report Receiving Mysterious Seed Packets from China