- The United States has so far recorded 85,707 confirmed coronavirus cases, with 1,268 deaths.
- The country has already surpassed China’s 81,897 and Italy’s 80,589 COVID-19 cases.
- The unfortunate “milestone” came after President Donald Trump projected that Americans will get back to work after Easter Sunday.
With a population of 327.2 million population, the United States recently reported having 85,707 confirmed cases of the dreaded coronavirus (COVID-19). According to the figures gathered by the John Hopkins University, U.S. has already surpassed China’s 81,897 confirmed cases and Italy’s 80,589 individuals.
However, despite the world’s highest number of confirmed patients, America’s death figures are much lower than China’s 3,296 fatalities and Italy’s 8,215.
In a press briefing, U.S. President Donald Trump explained that the huge number of confirmed cases were due to the government’s massive testing the virus. Vice President Mike Pence also added that COVID-19 test kits have been distributed and are widely available in all 50 states. So far, the U.S. have tested 552,000 individuals.
“You don’t know what the numbers are in China,” Trump added.
Previously, Trump made a projection that citizens will be able to get back to their work after the Easter Sunday celebration. So far, about 3.3 million employees have been laid off because of the outbreak.
“They (the American people), have to go back to work, our country has to go back, our country is based on that and I think it’s going to happen pretty quickly,” Trump said.
Trump, however, mentioned that some Americans misinterpreted him by saying “go back” to work, he then clarified that these people who will return to work will still practice “social distancing, washing their hands, and not shaking hands.”
The President pointed out that he will be releasing a “social distancing guidelines” to advise some states to relax some restrictions. The new guideline, according to him, would create a category of “low, medium, and high risk zones.”
In a Fox News interview, Trump explained that Iowa, Idaho, Nebraska, and some parts of Texas are considered as low to medium risk zones. He predicted that those states may reopen and start doing businesses sooner than others.
The U.S. Constitution, however, gives each state governor the freedom to decide when virus-related restrictions should be lifted or relaxed since they have the mandate to “maintain public order and safety.”
So far, 21 U.S. states have implemented measures to prevent the pandemic by closing down all non-essential businesses and encouraging the public to stay home.
Watch this video report to learn more:
Coronavirus May Last in Europe For About 2 Years, Says Chinese Expert
Europe’s battle against COVID-19 might still be far from over.
- Infectious diseases expert Zhang Wenhong recently said that coronavirus (COVID-19) could possibly last up to 2 years in Europe.
- Healthcare workers are currently getting overwhelmed with the increasing number of cases and deaths in Italy, Spain, and Germany.
- According to Zhang, extreme measures need to be taken if they hope to get the pandemic under control.
Spain Surpasses China’s COVID-19 Death Toll, Reports Over 8,000 New Cases In 1 Day
The nationwide lockdown has since been extended by 2 weeks.
- Spain's coronavirus death toll has surpassed China, with more than 4,300 fatalities.
- The country has also reported having more than 8,000 new COVID-19 cases in one day.
American Pastor Gets Sued For Selling $80 Fake Coronavirus Cure
They claim the pricey “cure” can “eliminate” coronavirus “within 12 hours.”
- Televangelist Jim Bakker claimed that Silver Solution can cure coronavirus, SARs and HIV.
- In The Jim Bakker Show, he introduced a so-called "natural health expert" implying that Bakker's liquid solution may be effective.
- The Food and Drugs Administration rejected his claims and clarified that the product has not been tested or approved by the department.
Like Us On Facebook
Japan’s Copper Fiber Face Mask Can Destroy COVID-19 Particles in 4 Hours
Russia Declares State of Emergency After 20,000 Tons of Oil Spill in Arctic Circle
George Floyd Tested Positive For COVID-19, Autopsy Report Says
Netizens Are Outraged With TikTok’s “George Floyd Challenge”
- Interesting5 days ago
Formation of Clouds That Seem to Spell “LOVE” Goes Viral
- OMG5 days ago
Chinese Social Media Stars Shock Internet After Unedited Photos Get Leaked Online
- Inspiring5 days ago
Dad Reviews His Daughter’s ‘Restaurant’ And It’s Both Funny and Heartwarming
- News6 days ago
Minneapolis Rioters Play Audio From The Purge: “Any And All Crime Will Be Legal For 12 Continuous Hours”