- The United States has so far recorded 85,707 confirmed coronavirus cases, with 1,268 deaths.
- The country has already surpassed China’s 81,897 and Italy’s 80,589 COVID-19 cases.
- The unfortunate “milestone” came after President Donald Trump projected that Americans will get back to work after Easter Sunday.
With a population of 327.2 million population, the United States recently reported having 85,707 confirmed cases of the dreaded coronavirus (COVID-19). According to the figures gathered by the John Hopkins University, U.S. has already surpassed China’s 81,897 confirmed cases and Italy’s 80,589 individuals.
However, despite the world’s highest number of confirmed patients, America’s death figures are much lower than China’s 3,296 fatalities and Italy’s 8,215.
In a press briefing, U.S. President Donald Trump explained that the huge number of confirmed cases were due to the government’s massive testing the virus. Vice President Mike Pence also added that COVID-19 test kits have been distributed and are widely available in all 50 states. So far, the U.S. have tested 552,000 individuals.
“You don’t know what the numbers are in China,” Trump added.
Previously, Trump made a projection that citizens will be able to get back to their work after the Easter Sunday celebration. So far, about 3.3 million employees have been laid off because of the outbreak.
“They (the American people), have to go back to work, our country has to go back, our country is based on that and I think it’s going to happen pretty quickly,” Trump said.
Trump, however, mentioned that some Americans misinterpreted him by saying “go back” to work, he then clarified that these people who will return to work will still practice “social distancing, washing their hands, and not shaking hands.”
The President pointed out that he will be releasing a “social distancing guidelines” to advise some states to relax some restrictions. The new guideline, according to him, would create a category of “low, medium, and high risk zones.”
In a Fox News interview, Trump explained that Iowa, Idaho, Nebraska, and some parts of Texas are considered as low to medium risk zones. He predicted that those states may reopen and start doing businesses sooner than others.
The U.S. Constitution, however, gives each state governor the freedom to decide when virus-related restrictions should be lifted or relaxed since they have the mandate to “maintain public order and safety.”
So far, 21 U.S. states have implemented measures to prevent the pandemic by closing down all non-essential businesses and encouraging the public to stay home.
Watch this video report to learn more:
Coronavirus May Last in Europe For About 2 Years, Says Chinese Expert
Europe’s battle against COVID-19 might still be far from over.
- Infectious diseases expert Zhang Wenhong recently said that coronavirus (COVID-19) could possibly last up to 2 years in Europe.
- Healthcare workers are currently getting overwhelmed with the increasing number of cases and deaths in Italy, Spain, and Germany.
- According to Zhang, extreme measures need to be taken if they hope to get the pandemic under control.
Spain Surpasses China’s COVID-19 Death Toll, Reports Over 8,000 New Cases In 1 Day
The nationwide lockdown has since been extended by 2 weeks.
- Spain's coronavirus death toll has surpassed China, with more than 4,300 fatalities.
- The country has also reported having more than 8,000 new COVID-19 cases in one day.
American Pastor Gets Sued For Selling $80 Fake Coronavirus Cure
They claim the pricey “cure” can “eliminate” coronavirus “within 12 hours.”
- Televangelist Jim Bakker claimed that Silver Solution can cure coronavirus, SARs and HIV.
- In The Jim Bakker Show, he introduced a so-called "natural health expert" implying that Bakker's liquid solution may be effective.
- The Food and Drugs Administration rejected his claims and clarified that the product has not been tested or approved by the department.
Like Us On Facebook
Shoplifter Gets Arrested After Wearing ‘I Pooped Today’ Shirt Twice
17-Year-Old Identified As Mastermind Behind Massive Twitter Attack That Hacked Accounts of Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, and Barack Obama
Filipino Community in Washington D.C. Demands “Barkada” Restaurant to Change Its Name Due to Cultural Appropriation
Archeologists Unearth Enormous 3,300-Year-Old Prehistoric Bird Claw, and People Have Varying Opinions About What to Do With It
- Interesting5 days ago
Video of a Vlogger Doing Nothing for 2 Hours Easily Got 1.6 Million Views
- News5 days ago
Alabama and Florida Residents Report Receiving Mysterious Seed Packets from China
- OMG5 days ago
Doctors Remove Live Worm From Woman’s Tonsil After Eating Sashimi
- News7 days ago
Vietnam To Evacuate 80,000 People After 3 Residents Test Positive of Coronavirus