- A harmless species of snake is taking the internet by storm for a strange reason.
- The Arabian Sand Boa looks like a toy snake with googly eyes stuck to the top of its head.
- Most people couldn’t get enough of how it appears to have been drawn by a child trying to illustrate a snake from memory.
It’s understandable why most people are terrified of snakes. After all, the legless reptile comes in all shapes and sizes, and most are predators. However, there is an interesting species of snake that might be considered derpy. These serpents actually look like they were drawn by a small child.
The Arabian Sand Boa (Eryx jayakari) is a harmless species of boa that live in the Arabian Peninsula. It is also known as Jayakar’s sand boa and lives most of its life buried in the sand. All that time in the desert may have caused the sand boa to evolve to have both of its eyes slightly above its skull.
Meet the Arabian Sand Boa, the derpiest-looking snake in the world.
The Arabian Sand Boa gets its scientific name and common name from the Indian surgeon and naturalist Atmaran S. G. Jayakar. It is a relatively small snake with a total length of 15 inches. The Jayakar’s sand boa has a blunt snout and is either yellowish-grey or sandy brown. It also has dark speckles all over its body.
Interestingly, the Arabian Sand Boa is not endangered although it should be easy prey for other predators.
This has led to jokes that the snake’s appearance causes its possible predators to laugh when they see it, giving the boa enough time to escape.
It might not be a fearsome predator but people can rest assured that the Arabian Sand Boa is proof that evolution has a sense of humor.
Woman’s Chore Chart For Her Husband Offers Interesting Rewards
Do the dishes and clean up the vomit to get a pack of beer and a BJ!
- One woman's sticker chore chart for her husband recently went viral on social media.
- The post has earned mixed reactions from netizens, with some finding it funny and others bashing the couple.
Angry Ducks Chase An Alligator Across A Golf Course In The Middle of Game
The predator seemed terrified of the furious birds!
- A game of golf was interrupted by an alligator walking across the course.
- However, the reptile was not alone as it was being chased by a group of furious ducks.
- The weird parade was undoubtedly hilarious for the golfers who thought that the gator was trying to escape the ducks.
Coffee Cup Lid With Kissing Lips Is Perfect For Thirsty Singles
Now you can enjoy your coffee with a free kiss!
- Jang Woo-Seok, a designer from South Korea, came up with an interesting twist for the traditional coffee cup lid.
- His product comes with protruding lips, giving drinkers a free kiss.
Like Us On Facebook
Most Riots, Fires, And Looting Are NOT Caused by George Floyd Protesters, Says Authorities
13-Year-Old Boy Graduates With 4 Associate Degrees
Sheriff Takes Off Riot Gear as Protesters Cheer “Walk With Us”, So He Did
Clever Bookshelf Can Be Reassembled Into A Coffin After The Owner’s Death
Formation of Clouds That Seem to Spell “LOVE” Goes Viral
Chinese Social Media Stars Shock Internet After Unedited Photos Get Leaked Online
Dad Reviews His Daughter’s ‘Restaurant’ And It’s Both Funny and Heartwarming
Hawaii’s Pūhāhonu: Earth’s Largest Volcano Discovered Underneath Two Rocky Peaks
- News4 days ago
Canadian Teacher Tells Student To “Go Back To The Philippines And Work On Rice Farms”
- News6 days ago
Men Are More Effective Grocery Shoppers Than Women In Times During COVID-19, Japanese Official Says
- OMG5 days ago
Scary Video Shows Alligator Climbing A Fence
- OMG6 days ago
Aggressive Cannibal Rats Are On The Loose In The US Amidst Pandemic, CDC Warns