- An elderly couple decided to leave everything behind and travel around the world.
- The couple, who are both over the age of 65, were inspired to travel after meeting a foreigner who visited China although they didn’t speak Mandarin.
- Since they set off on a backpacking trip, the adorable couple have visited 40 different countries around the globe.
People say that travelling together can make a relationship much stronger. Amazingly, a senior couple is proving that this is true. The adorable couple decided to go backpacking together to 40 different countries around the world. In the process, they fell in love all over again.
71-year-old Zhang Guangzhu and 68-year-old Wang Zhongjin were just a usual couple living in China who didn’t really have any plans to travel. However, things changed when Zhang met a foreigner travelling in Yunnan although the tourist didn’t speak Mandarin. From there, Zhang wondered if he and his wife could do the same thing.
Unlike the tourist who inspired them, Zhang and Wang prepared for their world tour. Zhang took a crash course in English while Wang studied geography and history. They then set off to go backpacking in 2008, going to countries like Greece, Italy, Spain, Portugal, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Czech Republic, and more.
After their European trip, Zhang and Wang realized they had caught the travel bug and decided to start a new trip travelling through North America Mexico, Cuba, Nepal, and India. By 2011, they had seen 40 different countries.
So what did the couple learn during their backpacking trip? Zhang and Wang would admit that they feel truly blessed because of their experiences. Not surprisingly, netizens claim that the senior couple looks very much in love and are enjoying the time they spend together.
Zhang and Wang are truly couple goals – and travel goals as well! For now, the adorable couple has not left their home country. However, they still take trips around China whenever they can.
Japan’s Wind Phone Allows People To ‘Call’ Departed Loved Ones
The black phone allows people to “feel like their lost loved ones are there listening on the other end of the line.”
- Japan's Wind Phone ("Kaze no Denwa" is not your ordinary phone booth.
- The phone is actually disconnected but people use it to "speak" with departed loved ones.
- For them, sending messages this way leads them to healing.
9 Must-See Temples Near Siem Reap, Besides Angkor Wat
Which of these stunning temples have you visited or are planning to visit soon?
Cambodia’s Angkor Wat complex welcomes over two million visitors each year. And because of its increasing popularity, you should expect to be around fellow tourists, who will mostly try to get a good spot for an Instagram photo.
Get Paid to Travel With a Friend to 40 Awesome Destinations Around The World
It’s a dream job where you can earn, travel, AND hang out with your BFF!
- Get the chance to travel around the world with a friend while being paid.
- The 'Travel Ambassador' will be sent to 40 amazing destinations including Bali, Venice, and Las Vegas.
- It's an amazing dream job for anyone who loves to travel.
Like Us On Facebook
Slim Three-Foot-Wide House Separates Two Churches in Portugal
Calf Born on Valentine’s Day Has a Perfect Heart-Shaped Mark on Her Forehead
Awful Genetics Caused the Extinction of the Last Mammoths on Earth
Is Quaden Bayles Really 18 Years Old and His Bullying Story a Scam?
A “Prophet” in Malawi Allegedly Sells Soap That Can Wash Away Your Sins
Heartbreaking Video Shows Bullied Kid With Dwarfism Begging Mom For Rope To Kill Himself
After Seeing Heartbreaking Video of Bullied Boy, Comedian Raises Over $150,000 To Send Him to Disneyland
Here’s How China Managed to Build a 400,000-Square Feet Hospital in Just 7 Days