- Alma Clara Corsini, 95-year-old, is the oldest patient in Italy to have recovered from the coronavirus (COVID-19).
- After 18 days of self-isolation and medication, her physician said Corsini has now “fully recovered” from the disease, even without “antiviral therapy”.
- Corsini, who became the hospital’s “pride of the staff” is now back at her home.
Alma Clara Corsini, 95-years-old, is so far the oldest patient in Italy to have recovered from the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). She was tested positive on March 5, and was discharged from the hospital in Pavullo on March 23 after 18 days of quarantine and medication.
Corsini, who is from from Modena, Italy, recovered and became the “pride” of Pavullo Hospital staff after giving hope to medical frontliners battling against the spread of coronavirus. According to a report from Gazzetta Di Modena, an Italian newspaper, Corsini’s health improved significantly even without “antiviral therapy.”
“Yes, yes, yes, I’m fine. They were good people who looked after me well, and now they’ll send me home in a little while,” Corsini said in the Italian language.
Before she was discharged from the hospital, the staff, along with infectious disease specialist Dr. Cinzia Cappi, semi-intensive care expert Dr. Maria Cristina Fontana, internist Dr. Alessandra Marrazzo and chief of internal medicine Dr. Giorgio Cioni, took the chance to snap a photo with her.
Italy has banned any non-essential movement in the whole country and temporarily shut down all non-essential businesses as measures to contain the spread of coronavirus. According to a report, it seems the safety measures may be working, pointing out how a small town in the northern part of the Italy has managed to reduce the number of new confirmed COVID-19 cases to zero.
As of posting, Italy has reported 101,739 confirmed cases and 11,591 fatalities. 14,620 have recovered from the virus, so far, and 75,528 individuals are still under quarantine.
In the United States, 87-year-old Percy Ewart Lockton became the oldest patient to survive the deadly virus. This was despite the known fact that the elderly are at most risk of falling seriously ill to COVID-19, with higher probability of mortality rate.
Listen to Dr. Clare Gerada or Britain, 60 years-old, who also survived from coronavirus.
U.S. Now Leads the Number of Coronavirus Cases in the World
Even higher than China and Italy.
- The numbers have eclipsed even those in China, where the virus came from.
- Health workers are exhausted and hospitals are resorting to desperate measures to keep up.
- Illinois and Michigan could be the next epicenters of the virus, according to health officials.
300 People Dead, 1000 Fall Ill in Iran After Drinking Methanol, Which Was Falsely Claimed to Heal Coronavirus
They thought it would sanitize their insides.
- Some Iranians thought that high alcohol content can sanitize their body internally.
- One of the patients included a five-year-old boy who had to be intubated.
- Bootleggers add bleach to methanol and then sell it as a drinkable product.
Crocs Is Donating 10,000 Shoes A Day for Healthcare Workers Battling Coronavirus
If you’re a frontliner, you can even send them a request for a free pair.
- Crocs has recently launched a project where they will be donating 10,000 pair of footwear each day for the healthcare workers.
- According to the company, they're hoping to make frontliners feel "more comfortable" as they perform their duties amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Like Us On Facebook
Russia Declares State of Emergency After 20,000 Tons of Oil Spill in Arctic Circle
George Floyd Tested Positive For COVID-19, Autopsy Report Says
Netizens Are Outraged With TikTok’s “George Floyd Challenge”
Pregnant Elephant Dies After Eating Pineapple Stuffed With Firecrackers
- Interesting5 days ago
Formation of Clouds That Seem to Spell “LOVE” Goes Viral
- OMG5 days ago
Chinese Social Media Stars Shock Internet After Unedited Photos Get Leaked Online
- Inspiring5 days ago
Dad Reviews His Daughter’s ‘Restaurant’ And It’s Both Funny and Heartwarming
- News6 days ago
Minneapolis Rioters Play Audio From The Purge: “Any And All Crime Will Be Legal For 12 Continuous Hours”